Role: Big Data Engineer Manager
Travel: Up to 100%
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000 + benefits
Closing Date: 17/12/2018
The digital revolution is changing everything. It’s everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you’ll create it, own it and make it a reality for our clients. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight our clients depend on.
Accenture Digital is powered by three practices – Analytics, Interactive, and Mobility. As part of our Analytics practice, you’ll help businesses deliver insight-driven outcomes in entirely new ways.
Accenture Analytics supports clients to turn information into action by driving technology-enabled business insights, creating a "decision making environment" embracing social media, cloud, mobility, big data and legacy environments. We deliver and run the information strategy, architecture and governance that enable a "single source of the truth", empowering our clients to analyse that data for smarter decision making, actions and outcomes.
What responsibilities will you have?
Work with client teams to design and implement modern, scalable data pipelines and architectures leveraging Hadoop, NoSQL, Apache open source and emerging technologies, covering:
- On-premise and cloud-based deployment patterns
- Streaming, micro-batching and right-time use cases
- Agile and DevOps techniques and implementation approaches
- Provide innovative data engineering design and deployment approaches that leverage innovations in in-memory processing, agile delivery, automation, storage architectures etc. to design modern data pipelines at speed and scale
- Working closely with technology partners, Accenture Technology Labs and Accenture Innovation centres to incubate emerging technologies and build prototypes/demos to enhance our data engineering codebases and frameworks
- Mentor and upskill other data engineers