Role: Network Support Specialist
Location: This role is aligned to the Warwick office but can be based anywhere in the UK with flexible working opportunities
Travel: Travel and work on client sites when required
Salary: Up to £43,000 depending on experience
Mobile and skilled Network engineers are required to perform “Business as usual” or Project support including design, build and system deployments, including troubleshooting, security and configuration changes.
Join Accenture Technology and you will become part of the largest and most diverse group of business operations specialists in the world. You will be part of a team which provides business process excellence, implements leading cloud technology and builds and transforms client infrastructure services.
We are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations! We provide technology-enabled business process services to deliver business outcomes and are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations.
In addition to working at the Warwick Technology Centre, this role may need attendance at client sites for specific projects.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Prepare low-level network designs in line with high level designs specified by Network Architects.
- Provide third-line support to resolve complex problems.
- Create, maintain and review operational and technical design documentation
- Conduct detailed analysis of network performance statistics using a variety of tools.
- Assist with the development of network optimisation and capacity plans
- Prepare and implement firewall rules
- Contribute to the Infrastructure investment planning process.
- Produce implementation scripts, test plans and change controls for all network changes.
- Build network infrastructure, test and deploy network changes.
- Engage other technical teams to drive through network changes that require their support
- Follow ITIL Framework for changes and incidents
What skills & experience are we looking for?
Professional accreditations are essential - at least one of CCNP, JNCIP or equivalent.
Proven hands on experience in designing, implementing and supporting large corporate or data centre networks preferably in a multi-client, service provider environment, and have skills in at least four or more of the following:
- LAN/WAN network equipment, protocols and communication standards (Cisco & Juniper)
- Experience working with load balancers and firewalls is desirable
- Firewall systems (At least 1 of Juniper, Checkpoint, Cisco ASA or FortiGate)
- Load balancer solutions (At least 1 of Brocade, Cisco ACE or F5)
- VPN and Remote Access solutions
- Cisco Nexus Technologies
- Design, plan and implementation of enterprise wide network solutions
- Ability to own and lead a client’s network infrastructure service
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience of working with networking protocols and an understanding of EIGRP, BGP, OSPF and IP multicast.
- Familiarity with network monitoring and management tools – (At least 1 of Solarwinds, HP Tools, Tufin)
- Experience working within Data Centres
As part of the UK Networks team, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide out of hours, on-call support
- Occasionally work unsociable hours (evening/night, weekends, bank holidays).
- Work effectively with teams in other geographic areas.
- Help direct and educate/build skills in less experienced staff.
- Be flexible, mobile and willing to work off-site for short or extended periods of time to meet fluctuating project demand as and when opportunities arise.
- Complete any other duties as assigned by an authorised supervisor.
- Existing UK Government security clearance would be an advantage to be available to work on UK Government contracts. This would be requested if required.
What’s in it for you?
All our Technology professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
USA IL - Chicago
Oracle Cloud Inventory Costing & Order Management Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 1 day ago
USA IL - Chicago
Interaction Designer - Fjord
Posted 1 day ago
USA MO - St Louis
Posted 1 day ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.