Job Location: Glasgow
Regional Description: United Kingdom
Job Number: 00624289 00624289_en
Role: Android Developer
Travel: Possibility for travel to client sites throughout the UK
Job Type: Permanent
We have roles available across the following Accenture career levels depending on skills and experience:
Senior Analyst: From £30,800 to £39,820 + (Depending on experience)
Specialist: From £36,080 to £51,480 + (Depending on experience)
Associate Manager: From £41,800 to £58,300 + (Depending on experience)
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture Technology powers our clients to achieve high performance. We combine business and industry insights with innovative technology to drive growth for your business. We extend our technology and business capabilities through a powerful alliance ecosystem of market leaders and innovators to provide our clients the best specialized skills and tailored solutions.
We are focused on aligning IT with business priorities, enabling a digital Accenture and driving down the cost of IT, while working to provide more than 373,000 employees with the capabilities to run a high-performing business!
What responsibilities will you have?
The role will involve being responsible for Android mobile platform design and architecture decisions, managing the development from initial design to release and leading a small highly skilled technical team
· Collaborate daily with the implementation team
· Developing high quality, testable and performant software using agile practices
· Contributing to the technical direction of the team
· Writing and maintain existing unit tests (TDD) and help to drive forward BDD.
· Help maintain and improve existing process and policies
· Build solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
What skills & experience are we looking for?
· Strong background in native Android mobile application development
· Delivering apps through the full SDLC, from technical appraisal of requirements, through to delivery and testing
· Mobile design patterns and SOLID principles
· TDD / BDD and the benefits that are realised
· Architecture Patterns (including non-MVC such as MVP, MVVM)
· Continuous Integration and continuous delivery
· Comfortable implementing unit/performance/integration Testing
· Java/Kotlin, Android SDK and other mobile frameworks
· JSON formats and integrating with other systems and services
· RESTful APIs
· Use of a project management tool such as Jira
· Use of version control tool such as GIT
· Knowledge of Kotlin language
· SQL databases e.g. Room
· Understanding of the App Store release process
· Experience of approaches to mobile testing
· Experience on UI Automation
What academic qualifications do you need?
While there is no specific academic qualification requirement for the role, the candidate is expected to have strong fundamentals on mathematics, programming concepts and problem solving.
What’s in it for you?
All of our Technology professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/01/2019Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.