Job Location: Location Negotiable
Job Number: 00608367 00608367_en
Job title - Digital Energy Trading & Commercial Senior Manager
Location – LondonClosing Date – 31.08.18
Welcome to Accenture, one of the world’s leading providers of management consultancy services where high performance is a requirement, not just an ideal. Management consulting is at the heart of Accenture’s promise to its clients – High Performance. Delivered. Joining Accenture Consulting means you will work alongside fellow industry experts to lead transformational change and define cutting edge solutions that solve our clients’ most complex issues. And because our clients span the full range of industries – including 94 of the Fortune 100 – you will have the opportunity to pursue your passion, hone your expertise and deepen your knowledge.
The Resources operating group is devoted to Chemicals, Energy, Natural Resources and Utilities clients. We help those who are facing tough challenges to find the best solution to their problems, leveraging Accenture’s diverse portfolio of offerings and services.
As a Consulting practitioner, you’ll shape the future of resources industries, balancing the supply and demand of key chemicals, energy sources and other natural resources to power the way the world works and lives, whilst enabling key transportation, risk management and financing activities as these resources make their way around the world.
Join Accenture Consulting’s Resources Trading & Commercial team and embark on a fast-paced career path to Managing Director that will allow you to utilize your deep industry experience and specialized skills to design, sell and lead industry defining transformation programs. In this role you’ll use your expertise to drive opportunity—for the company and for yourself—while maintaining the flexibility you need to keep your career ahead of the curve.
Practice and Role focus
Are you ready to join our Energy Trading & Commercial practice and transform how our client structure and run their organizations, how they apply digital concepts and technologies and how they engage in the journey to get them from the here and now to the energy trading company of the future? Do you want to help clients find the value in “As-a-service” approaches, or help deliver the differentiated offerings that impact the bottom line? Can you optimize processes across the Energy and Commodity Trading value chain, whether in an Energy, Mining or Utility company?
As a Senior Manager in our Trading & Commercial practice, you’ll often be:
· Establishing, maintaining and strengthening client relationships.
· Using a data-driven approach to identify client’s underlying problems.
· Designing, improving and implementing tailor-made solutions, and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
· Managing yourself and teams to ensure high-quality project deliverables and on-time delivery.
· Identifying and advancing potential campaigns for new client relationships and engagements.
· Fostering a positive team environment and teaming culture, coaching and counselling more junior members and helping them develop (and develop others).
· Contributing your personal ideas and experience to the job: using external and/or non-traditional sources of information to bring insight to problems.
· Collaborating internally with other practitioners to develop viewpoints and thought leadership on trading and commercial concepts that can be championed internally and externally.
You will be challenged with:
· The diversity of our of client base and wealth of engagement scenarios.
· The rapid pace of change and access to a wide variety of businesses and expertise in support of a client agenda.
· Access and opportunity to leverage our global network of trading and commercial professionals, to strengthen client propositions and recommendations.
· Working across multiple geographic locations, workforces, cultures and key stakeholder groups.
· Successfully maintaining high-level client relationships and exceeding client expectations.
You should have experience with some of the following within an Energy and Commodity Trading context:
· Working with clients to develop their digital strategy
· Working with key industry vendors in pursuing new opportunities and jointly delivering value
· Leading the development of new business and operating models
· Identifying opportunities across the value chain and delivering new business cases to support their pursuit
· Architecting new and existing process landscapes and enabling business change
· Architecting solutions and landscapes required to support energy trading processes end-to-end
· Defining execution strategies and implementation roadmaps to enable business transformation
Key skills we’re looking for are:
· Deep experience within one or more of the energy and commodity trading industries.
· Comfort conveying both high-level and detailed information, adjusting the way ideas are presented to better address varying social styles and audiences.
· An ability to challenge a client's thinking by diplomatically providing an objective and independent point of view.
· An ability to identify opportunities based on your deep understanding of our offerings and our client's issues.
· Experience managing large teams through complex situations, adapting quickly and helping others navigate change.
· Experience structuring activities that play to a team's strengths and provide opportunities for others to grow.
· Experience working through organizational change, developing and implementing creative solutions and closely partnering with clients to regularly confirm expectations are met and value delivered.Clear understanding of key methodologies, approaches and market trends in the industry.
Above all, we’re looking for people with a passion and interest in making a difference to our clients as they grapple with challenges impacting the energy industry as a whole.
· We offer a transparent approach to career progression, with a focus on your strengths and continuous coaching from senior colleagues.
· You will benefit from working alongside Accenture experts who are solving some of the biggest industry challenges with innovative thinking and cutting-edge tools. Flexible work arrangements and a range of benefits.
· You'll have access to leading-edge technology that will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest business trends.
· Competitive rewards linked to fast-paced progression.
You will also have opportunities to make a difference to the communities in which we work and live.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependants.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.