Job Location: Location Negotiable
Job Number: 00602040 00602040_en-GB
Role: Supply Chain Consultant – Total Logistics
Location: London or Manchester
Travel: Up to 100%
Salary: £47,000 - £65,000
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
In Accenture Consulting, we focus on helping clients achieve profitable growth and solve their most pressing challenges; we do this by operating at the intersection of strategy, technology, digital and operations, providing a connected Consulting experience.
Total Logistics is part of the Supply Chain practice within Accenture UK Products Operating Group. We help clients to deliver improvements to their supply chain performance in a range of areas, with particular focus on three core competencies:
· Fulfilment network design and strategy
· Automated warehouse design and implementation
· Warehouse Management Systems
Most of our work is within Europe, primarily in the retail and consumer goods sectors.
Further information about Total Logistics can be found here:
What responsibilities will you have?
Key responsibilities are expected to include:
· Analysing client data to identify trends and to support the analysis of improvement options
· Developing strategy and logistics solutions for clients using processes and tools that you will help to maintain and develop
· Being part of internal project teams, with a leadership role where appropriate
· Working closely with clients to develop strong working relationships and trust
· Contributing to the development of the Accenture Supply Chain practice
· Providing best practice, insights and/or expertise to others
· Development of viewpoints and thought leadership that can be championed internally and externally
· Building and developing strong external relationships within the supply chain and logistics industry
What skills & experience are we looking for?
We expect the successful candidate to have a range of skills and experience including:
· High level of numeracy and strong analytical skills
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Well-developed interpersonal skills
· Ability to develop relationships with clients
· Team player
· “Hands on” practical approach
· Leadership desire and potential
· Projects involving data-driven problem solving
· A successful career within the supply chain, including exposure to retail or consumer goods industries
· Typical previous roles include operational management, business development, materials handling applications and consultancy
· A background in automated warehouse solutions would be highly advantageous
What academic qualifications do you need?
· Strong academic performance, including a degree.
What’s in it for you?
All of our Consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2018
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.