Job Location: Location Negotiable
Job Number: 00596212 00596212_en-GB
Role: Resources Finance and Business Transformation Consultant
Mobility: up to 100%
Closing date: 31.08.18
Are you a finance, business performance or commercial professional frustrated by the pace of change in your current role? Do you actively seek out ways to unlock business value and apply new operating models and digital technologies? Are you excited about being part of an industry that is on the cusp of unprecedented change? If so, then come and meet our team!
We are a team looking to grow exponentially and we’d love to hear more from you and how you would like to help us achieve this growth together!
Welcome to Accenture, one of the world's leading providers of management consultancy services where innovation and high performance is delivered.
As part of our world-class Consulting business you’ll work alongside fellow industry experts on transformational projects, and define cutting edge solutions, solving our client’s most complex issues. Responsible for the transformation agenda for our clients, Accenture’s Consulting business designs solutions which bring the best of Accenture’s five businesses (Strategy, Digital, Consulting, Operations and Technology) to our clients and provide unmatched experiences through our industry knowledge, strategic alliances, proprietary assets and subject matter expertise.
As a Management Consultant within the Resources CFO & Enterprise Value team you will help to shape the transformation of our clients and be part of the future of the Oil and Gas and Utility, Chemicals and Natural Resources industry (collectively making up the Resources sector) by providing leading-edge digital finance and enterprise performance capabilities.
Background of Accenture CFO & Enterprise Value Capability:
Our Finance Transformation capability enables clients to unlock trapped value within their Finance processes and organizations by reducing cost and improving the value delivered. We do this by employing digital technologies such as AI and Robotic Process Automation to eliminate inefficiencies and we help CFOs and their leadership teams to measure and focus on what really matters through the use of Advanced Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and Data Visualization Tools..
The Energy Transition, growth of renewable energy, Smart Grid technologies and intensified competition in Supply and Retail utility businesses are just some of the macro forces driving significant change in the industry causing Resources clients to re-think their business models across the entire value chain. Our practice guides leaders to consider the scale, direction and timing of investments to ensure the transition is managed wisely. This is achieved through, for example. our Finance Technology Strategy Offerings, Next Generation Operating Models and the Finance Workforce of the future offerings.
At Accenture we are seeking professionals who want to make a real difference and have the passion and experience to bring digital technologies and new operating models to our clients and help them achieve results.
Key activities in the Resources CFO & Enterprise Value practice will include:
- Building strong client relationships
- Being part of and leading a team, often working with colleagues across the globe
- Evaluating the value of digital opportunities and different course of action
- Communicating decision options and benefits, around people, process and technology – while demonstrating your deep finance functional understanding
- Leading and managing practice activities that support our growth such as recruiting, designing development programmes and events, mentoring Analysts, taking part in thought leadership and research projects, and client value assessments and analysis.
We are looking for people who have a strong interest and background in finance and commercial decision making, preferably within FP&A or Business Partnering and have experience developing commercial business cases and managing projects. We are looking for people who are fluent with data analysis and synthesis to drive insight-led solutions and have a demonstrable track record in continuous improvements with and/or within the finance organisation. In addition, we are seeking professionals with strong experience in one or more of the following areas:
· Finance Operating Model or Process Transformation design and implementation including Shared Service design
· Performance reporting, value tree, KPI and Dashboard design and development
· Experience in Robotic Process Transformation and/or AI
· Experience in improving Planning and Performance Management processes and applying Budgeting and Forecasting solutions to drive improvements in both finance and the business
· Experience working through organisational change, demonstrating a track record of taking on increased responsibilities, showing creativity and innovation, including evidence of solution design
What other qualifications or skills do I need?
· Professional Qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, MBA) preferable.
· An awareness of key methodologies, approaches, value drivers and/or trends within the Resources industry ideally gained through experience working in FP&A or Finance Business Partnering roles
· Strong problem-solving, statistical and analytical skills including use of creative and breakthrough techniques such as data visualisation
· Proven communication, training and mentoring/ coaching abilities in supporting the development of others
· Proven ability to work in teams to deliver on-time, on-budget solutions
· Proven project and business change delivery capabilities
· Ability to meet travel requirements.
What’s in it for you?
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development in the latest techniques such as design thinking, data visualization, AI and robotics. You will also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others.The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
A focus on your strengths and continuous coaching from senior colleagues enable fast-paced progression with competitive rewards. You’ll benefit from working alongside Accenture experts who are solving some of the biggest industry challenges with innovative thinking and cutting-edge tools.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice, allowing you to also have opportunities to make a difference to the communities in which we work and live.
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2018
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant(s) be found.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependants.”
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.