Job Location: Cwmbran
Regional Description: United Kingdom
Job Number: 00595426 00595426_en-GB
Role: Service Delivery Operations Team Lead
Salary: Up to £30,000 depending on experience
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Accenture Operations and you will become part of the largest and most diverse group of business operations specialists in the world. You will be part of a team which provides business process excellence, implements leading cloud technology and builds and transforms client infrastructure services.
We are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations! We provide technology-enabled business process services to deliver business outcomes and are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations.
To support the Accenture operations delivery and support functions, driving exceptional performance through effective development and management of resources. Providing structure, governance and support. Supporting the ODM in all day to day operational activities by developing goals and objectives to ensure the profitability of activities to drive sustainable development and long-term success. This role is part of an exciting and diverse team.
What responsibilities will you have?
· Managing developers in ways that improve performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies.
· Liaising with ODM to make decisions for operational activities and setting strategic goals.
· Assist with office management of Accenture’s premises to ensure that the professional reputation of Accenture is maintained at all times.
· Address any customer and/or employee satisfaction issues promptly.
· Managing Developers to ensure that standards are being trained/retrained and followed. Feeding into the skill matrix to identify training needs.
· Certifying that WoW methodology is followed at all times, by conducting regular audits across the business
· Supervising the work of all direct reports and providing/receiving feedback and counsel to improve efficiency and effectiveness and to ensure that they are receiving the required development support and progression from the Project Delivery Manager whilst working on client projects. Listening to all team members’ feedback and resolving any issues or conflicts.
· Overseeing that the induction plans for new starters and newly appointed roles into projects are being followed and the relevant time is being allowed for them.
· Managing and developing team members to continually improve their performance and value to the company, in accordance with policies and in line with the Performance Development and Progression framework, where and when applicable.
· Collaborate with colleagues to revise and/or formulate policies, develop improvements and promote their implementation.
· Locate areas for operational improvement and propose corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities.
· Assisting with hosting client site visits as required.
· Providing timely, meaningful communications to all stakeholders, internal and external.
· Assisting with recruitment, including interviews and training support as appropriate
What skills & experience are we looking for?
· Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written) and interpersonal abilities.
· Proficiency in English (oral and written)
· Solid understanding of diverse business processes, functions (e.g. HR, IT, finance) & strategy development
· Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
· Familiarity with business and financial principles and practices.
· Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation.
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office, databases and information systems.
What academic qualifications do you need?
BSc/BA in operations management or MSc/MA in a specialized business field will be an advantage or equivalent in job experience
Proven experience as team leader / team management.
Essential: experience in human resources management skills
Desirable: Experience in resource planning or real-time management
What’s in it for you?
All our Operations professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2018
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.