Job Location: Cwmbran
Regional Description: United Kingdom
Job Number: 00595423 00595423_en
Role: Automation Developer
Travel: there may be the opportunity for significant amounts of travel within the UK and abroad.
Salary: Up to £23000 depending on experience
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Accenture Operations and you will become part of the largest and most diverse group of business operations specialists in the world. You will be part of a team which provides business process excellence, implements leading cloud technology and builds and transforms client infrastructure services.
We are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations! We provide technology-enabled business process services to deliver business outcomes and are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations.
Delivering quality automated solutions for Accenture clients, following Accenture Methodology and standards at all times and supporting with the creation of Solution designs, UAT testing and supporting BAU Activities. This is an exciting and diverse team.
What responsibilities will you have?
· Building automation objects and components for process automation solutions in accordance with Accenture's defined standards and in line with the Accenture methodology.
· Producing test documentation to accurately reflect scenarios captured within the PDD and SDD documentation
· Running unit tests as automation objects/components are built
· Undertaking configuration testing to prove the success of the end to end automation solution prior to User Acceptance Testing
· Producing all required documentation regarding the client and process in preparation for the handover to User Acceptance Testing and Service Support.
· Continually updating both PDD and SDD documents as required during the build stage.
· Supporting and maintaining existing automated processes as required
· Providing support to clients on issues / queries raised with regards to the process automation solution.
· Undertaking assessments and delivery of change requests raised through the process build and UAT stages of a project, and updating all documentation accordingly.
· Ensuring that all progress updates are delivered in accordance with the Accenture methodology and as specifically required by the Project Delivery Manager or the Service Delivery Manager at all times.
· Supporting and mentoring colleagues during the delivery of a project with emphasis on the induction of new team members into an ongoing project.
· To flag lessons learned and recommendations through the lifecycle of a project to ensure continual improvements in delivery.
· Maintaining a good knowledge of key automation technologies at all times and proactively requesting formal training as required.
· Working co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicate information with peer group, senior team members and clients at all times in a clear, concise and accurate manner with particular emphasis on risks and issues that could impact project delivery.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
· Knowledge or interest in software development skills such as VB .NET
· Knowledge or skills in working with relational databases (Oracle, My SQL, SQL server)
· Ability to read, analyse and interpret technical solution documentation.
· Ability to write documentation.
· Exposure to RPA and other automation solutions
· Strong communication skills, verbal and written
· Fluent in English (verbal and written).
· Good technical background in Microsoft Operating Systems
· Enhanced Microsoft Office skills
· Understanding of Accenture’s service offering
What’s in it for you?
All our Operations professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2018
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.