Job Location: London
Regional Description: United Kingdom
Job Number: 00584323 00584323_en
Role: Network Support Specialist
Travel: Possibility for travel to client sites throughout the UK
Salary: £34,000 - £45,000+ (depending on experience)
Job Reference: 00584323
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Accenture Operations and you will become part of the largest and most diverse group of business operations specialists in the world. You will be part of a team which provides business process excellence, implements leading cloud technology and builds and transforms client infrastructure services.
We are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations! We provide technology-enabled business process services to deliver business outcomes and are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations.
What responsibilities will you have?
• Prepare low-level network designs in line with high level designs specified by Network Architects.
• Provide third-line support to resolve complex problems.
• Create, maintain and review operational and technical design documentation
• Draft technical requirements for delivery partners
• Conduct detailed analysis of network performance statistics using a variety of tools like Solarwinds, Tufin.
• Assist with the development of network optimisation and capacity plans
• Prepare and implement firewall rules
• Contribute to the Infrastructure investment planning process.
• Produce implementation scripts, test plans and change controls for all network changes.
• Build network infrastructure, test and deploy network changes.
• Engage other technical teams to drive through network changes that require their support
What skills & experience are we looking for?
• Network design and administration experience.
• Experience with reviewing network design documentation and able to use Microsoft Visio
• Experience of working with Cisco router platforms and an understanding of EIGRP, BGP, OSPF and IP multicast.
• Experience working with Cisco switches.
• Experience working with load balancers and firewalls is desirable
• CCNP or relevant experience in a networking role including design
• Multi-Vendor firewall experience. Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Cisco is a plus
• Multi-Vendor, Load Balancing, Cisco, Citrix Netscaler is a plus
• Familiarity with network monitoring and management tools - Solarwinds, Orion, HP, BSM Tufin
• Cisco routers and switches including Nexus
• Experience working with Data Centers
• Hands on experience of operational support and hardware implementation.
What’s in it for you?
All our Operations professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/07/2018
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.