Role: Software Tester
Travel: Possibility for travel to client sites throughout the UK
We have roles available across the following Accenture career levels depending on skills and experience
Analyst: from £26,100
Senior Analyst: from £31,424
Specialist / Team Lead: from £36,725
Job Type: 12 month Fixed term contract
Job reference: 00500484
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture Technology powers our clients to achieve high performance with best in class established and emerging technologies. We are able to extend our technology and business capabilities by working closely with market leaders and innovators to provide our clients with the best specialised skills and tailored solutions.
With Accenture Technology you will deliver everything from point solutions for a single business function to large, long term outsourcing services, to complex systems integration installations spanning multiple businesses and functions.
We are focused on aligning IT with business priorities, enabling a digital Accenture and driving down the cost of IT, while working to provide all of our employees with the capabilities to run a high-performing business!
What responsibilities will you have?
As a software tester, you will work as part of a larger project team. Following either agile or waterfall principles, you will successfully collaborate with multiple stakeholders and colleagues across multiple specialisms which could include; end users, key client representatives, business analysts, designers, developers, operations teams and more.
Specific activities can range from preparing and executing tests to defining strategies, implementing process improvements and coaching others. This also includes developing automated test frameworks and scripts. Throughout this process you will apply your proven expertise and skills with enthusiasm to deliver high quality outputs, utilising industry best practice and innovation.
Successful applicants will be responsible for helping clients realise the business value they desire, performing all aspects of testing to ensure applications meet business and user needs and are delivered to impeccable standards.
• Attend and participate in Test approach and scripts meeting with Test Manager (TM), BA
• Attend and participate in requirements walkthroughs. Understand the requirement and write test cases/scripts based on the requirements/discussion
• Familiarize oneself with testing tools prior to test commencement (testing tools may include reconciliations of data, Production report)
Test Execution (data and functional testing)
• Execute test scripts as documented in Test approach
• Prepare and log support test work papers in SharePoint to document testing performed
• Re-test failed test scripts or upon request
• Timely escalate any questions and issues encountered during testing to TM (i.e. issues on executing test scripts, questions on test approach as a result of data/functional test issues encountered)
• Timely escalate any concerns on meeting target test completion dates to TM and provide an explanation for expected delay.
Test Results Reporting
• Log test results in HP ALM/JIRA
• Log defects for all failed test cases
• Participate in daily test meetings with TM