What skills & experience are we looking for?
We are looking for data engineering practitioners who can complement our team with a demonstrable, hands-on range of skills that have been used to deploy use cases in production.
Hadoop platforms & distributions: Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, EMR
Data modelling & data pipeline design: iterative data pipeline development from raw, curated, integrated to published data, with fit for use data modelling on Hadoop and NoSQL platforms
Data security, privacy & metadata management: design approaches and tooling for securing data on hybrid data platforms, and for integrated metadata management across a use case lifecycle
Cloud platforms: Experience architecting big data solutions on at least one of the following: AWS, Azure, GCP
Solution architecture: end to end analytics solution architecture design and delivery estimation
- Client facing skills: solid experience working in client facing / consulting environments, to be able to build trusted relationships with client stakeholders and act as a trusted adviser.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- NoSQL: HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB, Memcached, DynamoDB, Druid, BigTable
- Search: SOLR, ElasticSearch
- Data Catalogues: Collabra, Information Catalogue tooling from enterprise data integration platforms (Informatic, IBM InfoSphere etc.)
- Other tools, databases and Apache projects: Google BigQuery, Presto, Drill, Kylin, OpenTSDB etc.
What personal qualities do we expect?
- Proven ability to apply analytical and creative thought
- Proven ability to deliver high profile activities to tight timescales
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Experience delivering projects within an agile environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Keenness to learn and try new things
- Willingness to travel
- Ideally, educated to degree level
What’s in it for you?
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement.
- You’ll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Accenture serves many of the FTSE 100 on high-profile projects.
- Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments and collaboration with experts across the company.
- Access to leading-edge technology.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at http://www.accenture.com/.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications: 31/08/2018
Multiple Roles Available
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found. #DIG1819