Role: Infrastructure Senior Analyst
Salary: Up to £34,000 plus excellent benefits
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Accenture Operations and you will become part of the largest and most diverse group of business operations specialists in the world. You will be part of a team which provides business process excellence, implements leading cloud technology and builds and transforms client infrastructure services.
We are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations! We provide technology-enabled business process services to deliver business outcomes and are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations.
What responsibilities will you have?
The Infrastructure Senior Analyst is responsible for building, deploying and supporting the IT infrastructure and support tools that run the centre, as well as the bespoke solutions required by individual client project teams.
The Infrastructure Senior Analyst is also responsible for maintaining and following documentation. All team members are required to dedicate considerable focus to maintaining and improving security and standards compliance.
The Infrastructure Senior Analyst role forms part of the small team of engineers that provides for Accenture’s Newcastle Delivery Centre IT infrastructure needs. Local resources are supplemented by resources and teams from London, Eastern Europe and India.
- Proactively maintain the Newcastle shared and client specific networks in line with global standards and client requirements.
- Make minor changes to firewall policies as per global and local project requirements and strictly in adherance with the change control process, FASM rules and documentation requirements.
- Assist with technology rollouts in line with global standards and policies (e.g. revised configs, architectural changes, security administration).
- Assist with execution and evidencing of periodic resiliency testing.
- Implement and maintain client-specific network configurations, providing input to cost-effort estimates as required.
- Troubleshoot connectivity over LANs, MANs, WANs and the internet as well as individual devices and cabling.
- Obtain quotes for hardware and consumables.
- Support Telco circuit installs and site surveys.
- Support and administer VPN solutions and tunnels.
- Maintain the server room and patch rooms, including physical cabling and patching to the desk.
- Supervise Telco circuit installs and site surveys.
- Deliver structured cabling and patching changes, collaborating with third party cabling contractors and team members as required.
- Support and maintain VPN solutions and tunnels.
- Maintain rack space allocations and patch panel designs.
- Perform various IT-related tasks, such as unboxing, racking and un-racking IT kit, office moves, serving walk-up customers, etc.
- Provide out of hours support for power maintenance activities, team moves, project implementations and network maintenance activities, etc.
- Log support calls with vendors as required to resolve incidents, plan for upgrades, etc.
- Manage, administer and maintain the Newcastle shared and client-specific server estate and associated tools in line with global standards and client requirements.
- In conjunction with the change control processes, rollout software patches and upgrades on a monthly basis, rebooting environments as required.
- Plan and execute server / tools projects, including data and service migrations.
- Troubleshoot environment issues and resolve service requests and incidents.
- Ensure that the tape cycle and on/off-site tape management regime is enforced and adjusted as required.
- Ensure that all server environments are backed-up as per policy, conducting monthly restoration drills and capturing evidence for audit purposes. Flag up any backup issues to ensure that those affected understand the risks to their data.
- Ensure that all server environments are properly documented and that such documents are held in a suitable repository.
- Ensure that the relevant team members receive administrative access to the server estate by using the enterprise directory and security tools.
- Develop designs for new client-specific server environments as required.
- Obtain quotes for hardware and consumables.
- Assist with technology rollouts in line with global standards and policies (e.g. OS upgrades, revised configs, architectural changes, security administration).
- Maintain client-specific server configurations.
- Build, install, harden, configure, connect and test servers and toolsets.
- Log support calls with vendors as required to resolve hardware and software incidents.
- Comply with global and local processes, e.g. re: BCM resiliency testing.
- Adhere to asset management process and tools for network and server hardware, and ensure accurate records are maintained.
- In line with global requirements, assist with the periodic reconciliation of the network devices and server hardware against the asset database, taking timely action to maintain data accuracy.
- Carry out administration and reconciliation of VPN and Wifi user subscriptions and Active Directory (AD) group memberships.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly checks, log reviews, backups and restores, as required.
- Raise Change Request tickets for all changes that are not considered Pre-Approved.
- Adhere to the change management processes.
- Maintain accurate documentation relating to the IT infrastructure, reflecting changes on a timely basis.
- Follow definitions of change types used by the local team and in accordance with the global framework.
Incident and Problem Management
- Follow the Incident and Problem management processes.
- Ensure that incident tickets are given the correct priority, and that multi-user outages and other critical situations are escalated to Priority 1 on a timely basis.
- Resolve Incidents and Service Requests in line with agreed SLA and OLA resolution times, making regular work log updates to any lingering tickets.
- Follow the escalation and support processes.
- Undertake capacity planning tasks for the network and servers provided by the team.
- Make proactive recommendations re: network capacity.
- Provide ad-hoc utilisation and capacity information upon request.
- Proactively provide accurate and timely inputs relating to monthly charges for the invoicable services provided to the centre’s project teams.
- Raise Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders.
- Help to identify and capture opportunities for delivering cost savings.
Security & Compliance
- Attain and maintain technical configuration compliance to “green” status.
- Participate in internal and external Accenture audits, providing complete and accurate information as required.
- Participate in client audits, providing complete and accurate information as required.
- Proactively remediate audit findings in line with prescribed timescales, updating the appropriate tracking tools re: the status of each finding.
- Proactively identify, flag up and capture security issues, driving remediation on a timely basis via the relevant processes and tools.
- Adhere to the Security Exception Process.
Business Continuity Management
- Understand and follow business continuity plans and arrangements.
- Deliver continuous service improvements, identify and proactively suggest possible cost reductions, new opportunities and services.
- Keep up to date with industry developments, global standards and IT services provided by internal and external suppliers. Use this knowledge to ensure that the services provide business benefit.
- Ensure tidy and safe technology rooms, store rooms and office areas.
Networking/Sharing best practise
- Actively connect to Accenture’s collaboration culture (e.g. set up profile on Accenture Stream, join relevant Circles, use collaboration tools such as video conferencing/skype for business, etc.).
- Share knowledge with others in own team and wider workforce using the agreed Accenture collaboration tools (e.g. post and respond to questions that are in own sphere of expertise on the Accenture stream).
- Proactively collaborate with others in own team and the wider workforce to ensure delivering value to clients and to Accenture (e.g. act as trusted advisor and make suggestions on the best way of delivering service in own area of expertise).
- Collaborate closely with other infrastructure teams and client teams.
- Work collaboratively with many other teams within Accenture’s global IT organisations, especially teams in India & Eastern Europe.