Role: Infrastructure Lead - Associate Manager
Salary: Up to £50,000 plus excellent benefits
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Accenture Operations and you will become part of the largest and most diverse group of business operations specialists in the world. You will be part of a team which provides business process excellence, implements leading cloud technology and builds and transforms client infrastructure services.
We are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations! We provide technology-enabled business process services to deliver business outcomes and are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations.
What responsibilities will you have?
Working with a good degree of autonomy the Newcastle Infrastructure Lead is accountable for managing the local IT infrastructure team and is therefore responsible for the technical delivery of the shared IT infrastructure services provided to the Newcastle business, client project teams, shared service teams and other customers.
The Newcastle Infrastructure Lead is also responsible for managing the departmental Operating and Capital budgets and ensuring that the team understand and adhere to the relevant security and operational policies, processes, standards and practices.
Of particular focus is the need to dedicate considerable focus to maintaining and improving security, network resiliency, technical standards compliance and Business Continuity planning, these all being heavily scrutinised and audited on a regular basis.
- Build effective relationships, and act as the Technology Services customer champion in all respects in order to deliver customer excellence
- Proactively seek opportunities to meet or exceed the quality and consistency of service delivery in order to meet the customer needs escalating only when necessary
- Meet regularly with key customer groups, in order to validate/update service delivery requirements and to provide Service Management reports
- Effective team collaboration across our AWS, Technology Services and CIO teams both locally and globally through meetings, use of collaboration tools and shared repositories for sharing best practices and successful service delivery
- Work with off-shore teams to ensure service delivery meets service requirements
- Work with the various internal teams to deliver projects as requested within agreed timescales and budget
- Provide effective management of direct report team and communicate effectively to ensure optimum performance and morale
- Lead motivate and support the team, to ensure the highest level of delivery of services to customers
- Ensure that all HR requirements are carried out on time and in full to meet company procedures
- Recruit new staff following correct procedures to ensure a professional image of Technology Services is presented at all times
- Regularly hold 1-1 meetings, coaching sessions, personal engagement analysis and mentoring programs in order to grow and develop skills and capabilities within the team
- Provide effective management of all assigned staff, ensuring they are performance managed to a high standard, providing performance feedback in a timely manner, managing poor performance effectively and completing formal performance feedback via My Performance at the end of each assignment and performance year
- Implement the Career Development Framework to ensure individuals have the right skills for the role: training, developing and implementing succession planning within the team to meet business needs
- Manage and prioritise a complex workload for the team as a whole, to ensure optimum team performance, whilst maintaining or improving current employee satisfaction level as measured by the Global Engagement Survey (GES)
- Manage all 3rd party relationships (suppliers/vendors/contractors) to ensure provision of effective services, including PC hardware, IT consumables, outsourced installations services. Ensure suppliers are delivering value for money within the terms of the contracts.
- Initiates requirement for supplier tender/retender and consult with Accenture Procurement on tender process in order to work within procurement guidelines and the supplier management framework
- Manage Service Review meetings to discuss service delivery and agree actions to maintain/improve service levels and financial performance
- Ensure direct report team have required skills and knowledge to enable effective supplier management
- Understand strategy across Technology Services functions to enable a proactive and collaborative approach to business planning
- Create, drive and deliver detailed annual and quarterly work plans for area, incorporating team, generic and global objectives/implications & innovations. Taking into account resources, skills, timescales, tools and budget in order to align function with AWS strategy
- Prepare reports and presentations as required to communicate to management and stakeholders - progress made and future plans
- Design templates that work for area to encourage an “only do it once” approach
- Ensure project methodology is being included in strategic thinking, check enhancements are made and current documentation is regularly reviewed to ensure relevance and value
- Identify opportunities to expand the customer base and promote change activity in order to create business efficiencies.
Ensure that the team fulfils the following:
- Proactively manage the Newcastle shared and client specific networks in line with global standards and client requirements.
- Manage firewall policies as per global and local project requirements and strictly in adherance with the change control process, FASM rules and documentation requirements
- Implement technology rollouts in line with global standards and policies (e.g. IOS upgrades, revised configs, architectural changes, security administration).
- Execute and evidence quarterly and annual network resiliency testing.
- Design, document, implement and maintain client-specific network configurations, providing cost-effort estimates as required.
- Troubleshoot connectivity over LANs, MANs, WANs and the internet as well as individual devices and cabling.
- Maintain traffic shaping configuration and related records.
- Obtain quotes for hardware, consumsables, maintenance and circuits.
- Raise Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders.
- Schedule and supervise Telco circuit installs and site surveys.
- Define structured cabling and patching requirements and manage the engagement of third party cabling contractors as required.
- Configure, test and maintain VPN solutions and tunnels.
- Develop and maintain rack space allocations and patch panel designs.
- Work with 3rd party providers and project teams to incorporate client-specific network hardware and cabling into the architecture.
- Manage the server room & patch rooms, including physical cabling and patching activities.
- Assist colleagues as required with various IT-related tasks, such as unboxing, racking and un-racking IT kit, office moves, serving walk-up customers, etc.
- Provide out of hours support for power maintenance activities, team moves, project implementations and network maintenance activities, etc.
- Ensure that the relevant team members receive appropriate levels of access to all network devices by using the enterprise directory and security tools.
- Log support calls with vendors as required to resolve incidents, plan for upgrades, etc.
Ensure that the team fulfils the following:
- Maintain the Newcastle shared and client specific server estate and associated tools in line with global standards and client requirements.