Role: Information Security Associate Manager
Salary: Up to £56,000 dependent on experience
Travel: 10% of the time
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Corporate Functions and you will become part of a diverse team which offers the essential expertise that enables all of our employees to deliver high performance to our clients. Our Corporate Functions professionals work in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing and Communications, CIO, Information Security, and Geographic Services.
Whether you work directly with clients or manage important internal initiatives and efforts, you’ll find amazing opportunities to make a measurable difference.
What responsibilities will you have?
The Client Data Protection (CDP) Account Manager will be responsible for assessing compliance to established data protection controls and standards on client engagements to reduce business risk to Accenture, our clients and our clients' clients.
As part of this, they help client facing account teams to identify and evaluate security gaps, and create appropriate remediation action plans to minimize information security risk. A CDP Account Manager works closely with Accenture Managing Directors, Senior Managers, and Managers to help them enhance their risk management skills.
- Responsible for supporting the delivery of Accenture's Client Data Protection Program with a focus on data protection programs planning, policies and procedures development, data classification, data privacy, risk assessments, and implementation of programs and solutions
- Helps to define and validate compliance to technical and business requirements for regulatory requirements as they relate to CDP controls
- Conducts quarterly deep dive assessments against the riskiest controls and tracks remediation plans to closure
- Supports and monitors account-level information security training and awareness programs.
- Drives and supports exceptions to control gaps. Works closely with account leadership on client-facing strategies and written language to minimize risk to any client-related control gaps. This may at times include direct conversations with Accenture clients
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Experience managing risk / compliance programs
- Ability, through proven experience, to deal with difficult situations and help client teams and Accenture leadership
- Ability to relate to other people at a high level throughout the organization, providing advice and guidance on policies and best practice
- Experience interacting with Leadership
- Ability to work extended hours on short notice
- General understanding of legal and corporate terminology
- Compliance auditing
- Project management