Job Location: London
Regional Description: United Kingdom
Job Number: 00453707 00453707_en-GB
This Retail Manager role is in our Products Research team of 30 researchers worldwide and who will work directly with the practice and other members of the research team to support Accenture’s business. Responsibilities will include helping develop the Research strategy, building strong relationships with Retail leadership, scoping and selling new projects and managing the research programs required to support these efforts. Research opportunities will be a mix of global and local projects, both for internal Accenture objectives and directly for Accenture clients. While it is assumed the researcher will focus on Retail projects, there may be occasions in which they will work on projects outside this core industry.
We are looking for someone with established expertise in Retail, strong analytical and issue-based problem solving skills, quantitative skills/ comfort with numbers, business acumen and a client-ready presence and client service mindset who will be able to increase the capabilities we have established in our team over the past years. Of paramount importance are tenacity, personal drive and an eagerness to learn and apply new skills and knowledge.
This role is in our UK Research team.
We are looking for someone who has the following core skill sets:
· A passion for and expertise in the Retail industry: A thorough understanding of the Retail industries is a prerequisite, including particular knowledge of: market dynamics and opportunities in developed and emerging markets; key consumer trends and drivers; major industry players, scope of business and recent activities; industry value chain and how product reaches market; the Retail company process models and the structure of companies’ operations; and company financial drivers and critical metrics for evaluating performance are all necessary. In today’s environment, it is also critical that the individual understand how digital technology is transforming the industry and changing how consumers and businesses behave. Understanding of Accenture’s scope of work in this industry is a plus.
· Issue-based problem solving and structured communication skills: We want researchers who can identify key issues and, in a logical, structured manner, use these issues to drive their efforts. We also expect individuals to draw out the implications of the research they conduct and tell a compelling, business-focused story about the data that is relevant to Accenture’s business and clients. We are looking for insights, not just information.
· Business acumen: Individuals must possess a fundamental understanding of micro and macroeconomic drivers that influence industry opportunities and ability to use strategic frameworks (e.g., Porter’s five forces, 4 Ps, 3 Cs) to analyze market conditions, competitive landscape and individual company performance.
· Research skills: We expect researchers to be able to take an issue and turn it into a researchable question, adeptly scope the research effort and cost it accurately, and expertly use most (but not necessarily all) research techniques such as secondary database searching, company analysis, market analysis, strategic analysis frameworks, interview-based research and financial analysis. Researchers must also be detail-oriented and follow quality assurance procedures.
· Sales and customer management: You will be expected to take an active role in generating new projects. Critical to this objective is facilitating discussion to uncover new opportunities, understanding your customers’ key issues, and then being able to outline a clear plan of action with a well-defined value proposition. Your customers should see you as a trusted advisor and key partner in achieving their business goals. Over time, you will be expected to generate your own pipeline of work and bring in other researchers to help deliver.
· Teaming and communication skills: As a manager, you are expected to resource, and manage and motivate a team of researchers to execute high-quality projects. While you would be based in an office with a number of other Researchers, the Products Research team is very much a virtual one and you will need to have excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work with colleagues from different cultures and in different locations. Experience of work on the telephone or in a remote team would be highly advantageous. You must also be able to clearly and persuasively present your research findings to senior-level clients – either in person or on the phone – and defend your work. Researchers should be polished and confident, without being arrogant, and able to clearly and concisely articulate a point of view. Finally, as a baseline, we expect you to be able to work in PowerPoint and create well-structured, clearly written presentations with graphs and charts where necessary; in addition, as presentation options expand, we expect you to learn new and innovative media.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.