Job Title: Legal Counsel - Complex Transactions
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Travel: 10% as and when required
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Corporate Functions and you will become part of a diverse team which offers the essential expertise that enables all of our employees to deliver high performance to our clients. Our Corporate Functions professionals work in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing and Communications, CIO, Information Security, and Geographic Services.
Whether you work directly with clients or manage important internal initiatives and efforts, you’ll find amazing opportunities to make a measurable difference.
Leads contracting support for Transaction deals within a defined regional subset (“Scope of Control”). A “Transaction deal” for these purposes has a detailed definition which in summary incorporates deals under $10M within a range of complexity. The Transaction Contracting Manager will be required to supervise a pipeline within the Scope of Control consisting of a high volume of lower complexity deals; typically, within a range of 1,500 to 4,000 deals per annum with a team supporting them.
Reviews, drafts, and negotiates many of the most demanding Transaction deals within a corporate environment. Advises senior company leadership on legal risks associated with transactions. Manages and advises all Transaction Contracting Professionals in Scope of Control and more junior legal professionals in day-to-day business.
- Proactively manages the pipeline and staffing profiles of Transaction deals within the Scope of Control
- Following Transition, will serve as the nominated point of contact for all Transaction work within the Scope of Control
- Establishes strong working relationships with key Accenture executives in pipeline constituent groups in Operating Groups and Growth Platforms
- Effective collaboration with Complex Contracting leads to determine appropriate match of demand and supply across the Scope of Control.
- This includes collaboration and work allocation in a dynamic, high volume environment, which is aligned to the availability of resources in the sub-Region
- Managing demand and supply across the Scope of Control to effectively leverage all Legal resources, including off-shore
- Stays close to deals to ensure proactive help with issues and shaping
- Assists in deal qualification and shaping through both business and contracting acumen.
- Works with transaction deal teams to develop effective negotiating strategies
- Leveraging off-shore contracting support and monitoring quality to provide feedback and suggest appropriate on-going training of off-shore resources
- Manages escalations in accordance with the latest published governance process to ensure that all matters that require escalation are escalated appropriately
- Following the Transition Period: Manages escalations to business leadership in accordance with the current version of the escalation process
- Supervises preparation of briefings to business leadership to ensure issues are addressed appropriately, that key risks and mitigations are identified, and that there are clear recommendations and options
- In both cases, improves the speed to closure of deals by facilitating quick escalations and well-informed decisions
- Managing timely escalations aligned to streamlined approvals, including thorough knowledge of Regional Contracting Positions and effective collaboration with Complex Contracting leads, where necessary or appropriate to address risk to Accenture
Proactively contributes to the creation of knowledge capital for use within the global Transaction Contracting team:
- Leads initiatives, as agreed with the Regional and Global Transaction Contracting Leads to enhance the knowledge capital within Transaction Contracting
- Demonstrates thought leadership, proactively seeks and identifies areas for improvement and proposes appropriate solutions
Provides Transaction Contracting support to the business in respect of the most demanding Transaction deals
- Reviews, drafts, and negotiates higher complexity Transaction deal work
- Advise senior company leadership on legal risks associated with Transaction deal work
- Oversees, counsels, guides, trains and supports Transaction Contracting professionals within Scope of Control
- Stays abreast of contracting developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesizes the information to incorporate it into company’s transactional practices.
- Educates senior company executives regarding contracting and risk management issues
- Represents company’s interests and interface directly with client negotiating teams
- Strategizes with senior company executives prior to client negotiations
- Structures client transactions to be most advantageous from a contracting and business perspective
- Advises and consults senior company executives based on accurate interpretation of contract documents and the facts of a business opportunity