What responsibilities will you have?
Successful candidates will have a solid understanding of HCM technologies and current trends in the marketplace. They will have an HCM systems integration background ideally within Finance Services and a proven track record in delivery. They can expect to be responsible for:
- HCM client advisory, solution architecture and system design activities
- Shaping end-to-end technology solutions for HCM engagements
- Leading/managing the delivery of HCM programmes and projects within the Financial Services sector
- Creation and implementation of strategies, approach and plans across all phases of the software delivery lifecycle
- Defining and implementing project Governance and Mobilisation strategies for HCM engagements
- Contributing to the growth of the People and chance practice
What skills & experience are we looking for?
Candidates will have a passion for HCM technology along with strong commercial acumen and possess the following HCM transformation experience:
- Proven ability to lead a programme/project that has successfully delivered one or more complex HCM system implementations (ideally in a Financial Services environment)
- Thorough understanding of HR solutions from operating model through process design, to functional knowledge of HR and how they are enabled by HCM technologies
- HCM solution architecture experience
- In depth understanding of the software delivery lifecycle and supporting methodologies. Knowledge of SaaS models (and agile methodologies) vs. the more traditional on premise HCM models
- Experience in delivery of one or more of the following HCM systems: Fusion, SAP, SuccessFactors or Workday. Candidates should also have functional experience gained through multiple deliveries of one or more modules (e.g., HCM, Talent Management, Recruitment, Learning, Payroll and Compensation)
- Experience in other digital HR technologies e.g. mobile, analytics, portal, collaboration, case management or document management
- Strong problem solving skills:
- Demonstrated ability to approach a business/technical problem in a structured manner and propose workable solutions
- Demonstrated ability to absorb and process information quickly
- Demonstrated ability to define innovative solutions
Additionally, candidates will have:
- Exceptional client facing experience with the ability to build and maintain/own client relationships
- Project/programme management experience (Prince 2 and/or PMP Certification beneficial) with an understanding of mobilising and delivering large scale, complex HCM systems
- PMO experience (mobilisation & setup, ‘master PMO’ service, planning experience)
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to facilitate client discussions and quickly create consensus with senior client stakeholders
- Wide experience in delivering high quality and insightful client presentations bringing thought leadership to the table
- Experience advising on the technology implications on Enterprise Business Solutions/Blueprint including evaluation, selection and planning
- Prior consulting experience or demonstrated ability to work in a consulting environment
- Demonstrated career progression to date
What academic qualifications do you need?
- Excellent degree results or equivalent
What’s in it for you?
All of our Consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/12/2017
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.