The skills shortage is not insurmountable. By bringing together government, industry, education and organisations, the report presents some core recommended initiatives to help accelerate greater productivity, enabling Australia to reach its workforce targets and realise its growth potential.
These initiatives include:
· Increasing awareness and understanding of opportunities in tech, including national awareness campaigns and engagement programs with secondary and tertiary students.
· Developing clear standards and pathways to build priority capabilities, with reference points for skills and workforce development pathways.
· Simplifying learning experiences to access skills and pathways, including recognition of existing skills and fast-track training for priority roles.
· Improving the diversity of the tech workforce through targeted programs for women, Indigenous Australians, humanitarian visa holders and more.
· Improving industry-level workforce supply and demand analysis for ongoing strategic workforce planning and assessment of initiatives.
To learn more about the recommendations, as well as examples of the types of campaigns and approaches that are being successfully adopted around the world, download the report.