You’ll join a team of trusted advisors to some of the world’s largest and most important companies, governments and nonprofit organisations throughout the region. You’ll be part of the action from the moment you start your first project.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
Being part of our team means working with people from a wide range of backgrounds, including global technology companies, government agencies, management consulting, the nonprofit sector and academia. You’ll also get to tap our wealth of experience directly advising CEOs and senior executives, prime ministers and premiers, entrepreneurs and technologists. As part of our Strategy team, you’ll build the skills and knowledge you’ll need to create real impact throughout your career.
Through our diverse, values-driven and friendly community, you’ll get support to develop your career, learn new skills and pursue work-life balance.
You will help public and private sector clients solve challenging business and policy problems, and understand critical economic, technological and social forces they face. Recently, our clients have asked us:
- How should businesses plan for a post-COVID-19 world?
- What skills and training will people need for the future of work?
- How should we plan for the future of artificial intelligence?
- How can Australians with a disability get better access to the support they need?
- How can drones change the way goods are delivered to consumers?
DO I QUALIFY?
To qualify, you need to be in your final year in uni or have graduated in the past two years.
This program is open to applicants from all disciplines and backgrounds. Having a policy or economics background is a plus. You must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
Our application process will assess your:
- Problem-solving ability
- Proactiveness and career ambitions
- Personal values
- Comfort with numbers
- Ability to connect with others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in public policy, economics and social impact
The core of our work is data-driven strategy, and we work in multidisciplinary teams. To succeed, you need to have the potential to develop strong Strategy skills and/or have demonstrated ability in data science.
Step 1: Application
We look at your academic and leadership achievements, teamwork skills and interest in our work. We want to know why you want to join us and what you’re into. We’ll ask you to send your CV.
Step 2: Eligibility and HR review
Once we’ve received your application, we’ll review your CV for eligibility and suitability for our graduate roles, then we’ll be in touch for the next steps.
Step 3: Virtual case study interviews
This round involves two case study interviews to assess your analytical skills.
Step 4: Virtual assessment centre
This step involves a group assessment based on a case study; we want to get a sense of how you work with other members of a team.
Step 5: Final virtual interviews
At this stage, you’ll have two case study interviews with senior members of our leadership group.
Step 6: Job offer
If all goes well, we will make you an offer and work with you to agree a start date. Congratulations and welcome to the Accenture family!
Training and development
We’ll invest in your development from day one.
We run formal training in your first few weeks to help you get up-to-speed with the basics of Strategy and the analytical tools we use every day. You’ll receive intensive on-the-job training to support you as you develop in your new role.
We will match you with a recent graduate who can act as a sounding board and source of everyday advice as you find your way around Accenture. And you’ll also be allocated a Career Coach —one of our senior consultants—who will support you to reach your own development goals and advocate on your behalf within the company.
On top of this, you’ll also have access to Accenture’s world-leading training resources, both online and in-person.
We want to help you reach your own potential, and become a trusted advisor to some of Australia and the world’s most important and trusted companies, governments and organisations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are my chances of getting into Accenture?
Do I need a particular degree?
Will I get a chance to work on public sector projects?
I applied last year and was unsuccessful. Can I apply again?
Can I apply for a particular office?
What if I have a special requirement and need help applying?
Do you sponsor international applicants?
How long is the process?
Will I be interviewed in-person or over Teams, Zoom or another kind of teleconference?
What if I have another question that’s not answered here?
Do I need to be in my final year of study to apply?
Our Strategy graduate experience at a glance:
- Join classroom-based learning to help you learn core Strategy skills.
- Focus on networking and getting to know Accenture and your support networks.
- By week 3, you’ll be placed on your first project. You’ll hit the ground running as you get to know your team.
3 -15 months
- Gain exposure to diverse knowledge and skills you need to build your career.
- Work across different projects, clients and experience a variety of roles.
- Build relationships with different people across Accenture, locally and globally.
- Grow via learning and development opportunities.
- Earn micro-credentials and accreditations in tools and technologies such as data science.
Rewards and benefits
At Accenture, we strive to be an employer of choice, and our rewards and benefits are designed to reflect what’s important to our people. We understand that you want to be your best self both in and out of work, so we have designed a series of rewards and benefits around this.
Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
Compensation and Recognition
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
Work life balance
- Flexible work arrangements
- Community service leave
- Additional leave purchase program
- 18 weeks of parental leave
- Annual leave & personal sick leave
Health and Well-being
- Holistic well-being program
- Employee assistance program
- Free annual influenza vaccinations
- Life Insurance
- Corporate discount programs for leisure, technology, travel, fashion and more
- AMP financial and superannuation advice
- Annual 7.5 hours paid volunteer day
- Employee donation matching
- Community networks such as LGBTI, Healthy Minds, Women in Strategy etc.
Get to know us
Keep on exploring
Job Alert Emails
Personalize your subscription to receive job alerts, latest news and insider tips tailored to your preferences. See what exciting and rewarding opportunities await.