Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries,we offer Strategy and Consulting,Technology and Operations Services, and Accenture Song - all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 699,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Corporate Functions—including Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing Communications, and Workplace Solutions-- powers Accenture’s people across industries and functions to keep our business leading in the New. Join the heart and soul of Accenture, partnering with our extraordinary people to bring innovation into every organization.
Contract Specialists assist with managing clients in a manner that maximizes value for Accenture and our clients.
. Contract Specialists are generally co-located with Accenture business/client units and project teams (often on client premises) and are expected to maintain a high level of visibility on the account as they perform their contract management responsibilities.
Contract Specialists must be capable of managing contracts, including subcontracts in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws and client business requirements. Contract Specialists may also direct the work activities of junior contract management professionals and other related engagement staff allocated to a business or client unit, acting as a role model for contract management staff and a trusted partner to the business. Contract Specialists are client facing and have a key role in building trusted relationships with client counterparts
• Lead/participate in contract management team on a specific project or account;
• Work with client engagement teams and client counterparts to assist with day to day contract management support and to understand delivery requirements;
• Drive process efficiency to current tasks and seek innovative ways to improve performance of the team; and
• Demonstrate the value of the contract management function with project and account teams.
• Be a role model for contract management staff and demonstrate leadership qualities by participating in wider contract management activities
People & Portfolio Management / Development:
• Supervise, mentor and coach junior contract management staff allocated to a specific project or account to ensure most effective utilisation of resources;
• Participate in the review of performance standards for junior staff;
• Provide input for priority setting and performance achievement process for junior staff; and
• Participate in the development and delivery of contract/commercial training modules for contract management staff on a specific project or account.
Risk & Issue Management:
• Assist with reporting, documenting commercial and contract risks and issues, following up with contract management leads to coordinate completion of open actions;
• Escalate matters to CM Leads in a timely and controlled fashion (in accordance with guidelines) and help ensure affected parties are notified in an appropriate manner; and
• Assist with drafting and/or reviewing appropriate reports in compliance with contract management processes and account delivery requirements.
• Provide support for pre-award sales activities including supporting the development of responses to client RFPs or similar, working with business to draft contract schedules and participate in negotiations; and
• Demonstrate basic knowledge of Accenture's offerings and associated commercial considerations.
Contracting, Drafting and Negotiation:
• Assist with drafting and review of contractual documents (i.e., Statements of Work, Change Requests, Arrangement Letters, Subcontracts and Non-Disclosure Agreements (not exclusive, etc.) and collaborating with other internal organizations, under direction of a contract management lead where appropriate,
• Observe and/ or participate in negotiations.
Commercial and Contract Management Processes:
• Implement and administer contract management processes together with day to day support on a specific project or account;
• Assist with identifying and applying all contract relevant policies and procedures applicable to an account and communicate to relevant personnel; and
• Work with delivery and finance leads to assist with identification and application of appropriate contract levers affecting revenue, cost and profit.
Knowledge Skills and Experience
Contract Management Knowledge and Experience:
• Minimum 4 yrs. relevant experience as a contract manager with exposure to complex, risky deals with proven team management experience
• Demonstrated experience as part of a contract management or procurement team;
• Able to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and external executives and be capable of contributing and influencing key commercial and contracting decisions;
• Demonstrated experience of managing contract and commercial issues and understanding main commercial principles: and
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
Legal and Contracting Knowledge:
• Basic understanding of general commercial contracting regulations and principles and subcontracting practices
• Basic knowledge and understanding of legal principles as they relate to commercial and contract management
• Junior Contract Management professionals providing services on an account
• Client commercial/ procurement/ contract management staff
Education and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Member of International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM) or National Contract Management Association (NCMA) and/ or professional certification considered a plus.
• Travel may be required.
Behaviours and Attributes
• Open to work with and understand cross-cultures and locations throughout the Accenture global organization.
• Understand the value of diversity and recognize the strengths that different styles, innovative perspectives and experiences bring to Accenture.
• Demonstrate respect for individuals regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, age, disability, culture, social status and/or sexuality.
• Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
• Team player, collaborative and persuasive; able to work well with executives and non-executives
• Build trust-based relationships by delivering on commitments.
• Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills and an ability to provide appropriate advice
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
You’ll benefit from our network of global communities and collaborative culture that will help you build technical and functional skills and capabilities. And because we serve more than 40 industries globally, you’ll have the opportunity to develop valuable industry-specific expertise.
o The scale of our capabilities and client engagements—and the unique way we innovate, operate and deliver value—will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest technology trends.
o You’ll have access to leading-edge technology.
CALL TO ACTION:
If you have a desire to help the world’s leading companies and governments, now’s the time to join the world’s largest and most diversified group of technology, business process and consulting professionals. Be part of a dynamic team of collaborative experts, and help us improve the way the world works and lives.
We have been alerted to the existence of fraudulent messages asking job seekers to set up payment to cover various costs associated with establishing employment at Accenture. No one is ever required to pay for employment at Accenture. If you are contacted by someone asking for payment, please do not respond, and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.