Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries - powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 506,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Job Summary: Management Analyst or Consultant (Industrial 'F&L' Industry)
The Logistics Consultant/ Analyst will be part of the Industrial ‘Freight & Logistics’ Industry team, with focus on management and technology consulting assignments for freight & logistics clients. He/ she must demonstrate deep understanding of logistics operations and processes, must have prior consulting experience in this space or must have worked in a suitable role for 3 years or more.
The Logistics consultant/ analyst will perform business requirements analysis for strategic initiatives, for design of processes or for implementation of systems for Transport management, warehouse management, Cargo management or technology enablement of the supply chain.
He/ She must have prior experience in technology selection and / or implementation projects for Logistics firms.
Key Domain, Functional & Technical Skills
Industry and Functional Skills:
• Deep understanding of distribution, road, air or ocean transportation and warehouse activities for a Freight & Logistics, Industrial and or Automotive company
• Functional understanding of Freight & Logistics processes on the supply side (transporters, service providers, agents) and demand side (customers)
• Experience in planning, automating, managing and executing freight, Logistics, and warehousing operations
• Experience in managing 3PL vendors, Logistics contract management, and managing 3PL performance by monitoring SLA/ KPIs
• Handle large and complex programs for logistics, transport and warehousing operations
• Understanding of freight management in bulk, parcel, rail, ocean, domestic and cross border transportation
• Experience of logistics operations, such as, packaging, order-processing and quality-control procedures
• Understanding of and experience with Logistics Track and Trace
Technical and Tool Skills:
• L1 to L6 process mapping experience across functions in the Industrial 'Freight & Logistics' Industry
• Perform Requirements gathering, Business Process Mapping, functional process design and re-engineering, Business Case & Road map development for implementation of TMS, WMS systems (SAP, Oracle, JDA, BluJay, Lis Winsped, or other such platforms)
• Experience in automating, designing, implementing and value realization of TMS and WMS systems
• Experience in Network analysis and transport analytics, data visualization, etc.
• Some experience in Process Automation, AI, blockchain implementation for logistics firms
• Exposure in Data Visualization tools like Power BI and Tableau
• Familiarity with Track and Trace processes and tools
• Bachelor’s degree, with minimum 3 years’ experience in the Industrial ‘Freight & Logistics’ Industry post your graduation
Nice to have:
• A Master’s degree in supply chain or operations will be a plus
• Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills
• Team-player with a keen to learn attitude
• Good communication skills
• Excellent written communication skills
• Adept with MS Word and PowerPoint
• Flexible to travel
We have been alerted to the existence of fraudulent messages asking job seekers to set up payment to cover various costs associated with establishing employment at Accenture. No one is ever required to pay for employment at Accenture. If you are contacted by someone asking for payment, please do not respond, and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
USA VA - Arlington
Federal - Acquisitions Development Lead
Posted 1 day ago
USA IL - Chicago
Patient Customer Service Access Manager
Posted 1 day ago
P&C Consultant - Most Major US Cities
Posted 1 day ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.