Skill required: Tax - Direct Taxation
Designation: Associate Manager
Job Location: Gurugram
Qualifications: Chartered Accountant
Years of Experience: 10-14 years
About Accenture Operations
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services — all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 624,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.Visit us at www.accenture.com
What would you do?
You will be aligned with our Finance Operations vertical and will be helping us in determining financial outcomes by collecting operational data/reports, whilst conducting analysis and reconciling transactions.
You will be working as a part of Tax team which prepares monthly/quarterly calculation, recording and reporting of tax transactions and effective tax rate reconciliation. This team is also responsible for the preparation of financial statements for Statutory, Regulatory and Compliance requirement and for preparation of reconciliation and consolidation of accounts.
You will be responsible for Direct Taxation where in you will be accountable for driving tax planning and tax liability calculation and management to ensure that the organizations finances are accurately reported, and taxes are optimized in the area of direct taxation. Keeping abreast with changes/developments in the Direct Tax / Income- Tax Act, return filing procedures, circulars, notifications, case laws and due dates and informing concerned departments for compliance to avoid attracting any penalties on the same. Being a part of Direct Taxation, you need to be proficient in Indian GAAP/US GAAP/UK GAAP/IFRS and working knowledge of the same, proficient in International taxation/ Corporate Income tax/Payroll Accounting/ Inventory Accounting/ Depreciation Accounting / Current Tax & Deferred tax concepts. Will be reviewing financial statements for statutory, consolidation of accounts, regulatory and compliance requirements, lead and coordinate the tax planning and management of assignments. Review of monthly/quarterly calculation, recording and reporting of tax transactions and effective tax rate reconciliation, provide monthly reports and any other reports that may be required to the Service Delivery team, proficient in process documentation, process improvement and Automation technology. Proficient in MS- Excel and any ERP or Accounting, to grasp the data flow and system interface dynamics. Have knowledge of Lawson / Oracle/ SAP is an added advantage.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals who have the following skillset:
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Consolidation & Close Operations
- Ability to establish strong client relationship
- Commitment to quality
- Written and verbal communication
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
It would be a value add if you are proficient in:
- Tax Process Design
Roles and Responsibilities
- In this role, you need to analyze and solve moderately complex problems
- You will typically be creating new solutions, leveraging and, where needed, adapting existing methods and procedures
- The role requires a clear understanding of the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals
- You will need to hold monthly meaningful conversations with team members to discuss performance, coaching and feedback, training needs, and career discussions
- You will need to monitor & drive team performance, including throughput and quality as per defined metrics
- Your primary upward interaction is with a direct supervisor or team leads
- You will generally interact with peers and/or management levels with clients or internal stakeholders
- You will be provided with minimal guidance when determining methods and procedures on new assignments
- Decisions that you make often impact the team in which they reside and occasionally impact other teams
- You would be managing medium-small sized teams and/or work efforts at a client or within Accenture.
Please note this role may require you to work in rotational shifts.
We have been alerted to the existence of fraudulent messages asking job seekers to set up payment to cover various costs associated with establishing employment at Accenture. No one is ever required to pay for employment at Accenture. If you are contacted by someone asking for payment, please do not respond, and contact us at email@example.com immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.