Job Title: Contracting Lawyer
Career Level: 7 – Manager
Workforce: Corporate Functions
Skill Track: Legal
Specialty: Sales & Delivery – Contracting
Contracting Legal Professionals (CLP) in Accenture’s Corporate Functions organisation coordinate and deliver legal, contract and commercial counsel in support of Accenture's business. CLPs identify and help manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies, while providing guidance and negotiating contracts leveraging commercial and market relevant positions.
Lead, structure, draft and negotiate client transactions in a fast-paced corporate environment including: master services agreements, outsourcing agreements, statements of work, service level agreements, licensing agreements, SaaS agreements, data transfer agreements, requests for proposals and agreements involving cloud, systems integration and agile development. Advise company leadership on legal risks associated with transactions and understanding of the larger market. Act, and continuously evolve as, a knowledgeable and relevant advisor on legal and commercial risks associated with transactions while supporting Legal, Business and Sales Leadership in shaping and executing Accenture’s market-facing strategies.
- Lead, structure, negotiate and close Accenture’s client transactions to be most advantageous from a legal and business perspective
- Stay abreast of developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries
- Educate and advise company executives with respect to legal and risk management issues
- Support, promote and implement Legal Group initiatives
Reports to: Contracting Lead
Supervises: No direct supervisory responsibility
External Relationships: Accenture client executives and negotiating teams; Outside Counsel
- Degree required
- Authorised and licensed to practice law in at least one jurisdiction
- Minimum 3 years of transactional experience in digital, consulting, systems integration, and/or outsourcing areas in roles with increasing responsibility, such experience should be in a law firm or in a fast-paced corporate legal/transaction group in a relevant industry
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Accomplished negotiator with an understanding of principle-based negotiation strategy and tactics including the ability to present alternatives with proposed solutions
- Experience independently negotiating and drafting technology-based agreements
- Understand basic principles of Finance, Accounting, Marketing, and Management
- Good understanding of contracting/risk issues, including IP, as they apply to digital, consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing transactions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Travel required.
- Candidates who are currently on assignment as part of the Global Careers program are not eligible for consideration.
- Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Permanent Transfer Requirements:
When applying to an open internal position, all employees must meet the Permanent Transfers Requirements in Policy 500 - Permanent Position and Career Model Transfers. A summary of the employee requirements are listed below. See the policy for full information (link to policy is highlighted below).
- Employees must meet the requirements for the position, including the minimum and/or basic qualifications and performance requirements.
- Employees are expected to be in their current position for a minimum of 12 months before applying to a new position.
- If considering a cross-border position, please pay particular attention to the visa and/or work permit requirements. In most cases, employees must already possess the appropriate work authorisation for the country where the position is located.
- Employees participating in a group program for temporary international transfers, including those in the Global Careers Program (GCP), who are interested in applying to a posted internal position outside of their home location, need to comply with Policy 750 International Temporary Transfers for Groups (link to policy is highlighted below).
- Employees applying concurrently for more than one position must make the recruiter aware of the other applications during their first interview.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services — all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 569,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.