Job Title: UKI Finance and Accounting - Controllership Specialist 12M FTC
Level: 9 - Specialist
UKI Finance and Accounting - Controllership Specialist
Accenture is a finance, technology and consulting company delivering change for our clients and our people across the globe. We’re helping drive a technology revolution—from digital to cloud to security—that’s sweeping across industries and governments in virtually every country. We collaborate with our clients—including 80% of the Fortune 500—to transform their businesses to anticipate the evolving needs of their customers. At the same time, we strive to enable our people to build their careers in an open environment of inclusion and diversity, complemented by our competitive employee benefits approach.
Our Global Finance team works at the heart of Dublin’s digital docklands to provide strategic, operational and analytical support across Accenture’s Global businesses. We drive career progression and skills development because we recognise that we succeed only when our people grow.
The Controllership Specialist supervises the financial accounts of the UKI business and manages the monthly close process, reporting to the team manager and the financial controller.
- Responsible for leading a team and for the technical lead role in the finance and accounting team.
- Manage the preparation of the month end accounts and reporting including Monthly Close, Quarterly and Annual reporting with business commentary, BS Reconciliations and ad-hoc reporting.
- Analyse and report on revenue, intercompany, payroll and DNP for the various co codes and develop an in-depth understanding of the UKI Accenture business across a multi locations structure.
- Responsible for co-ordination of balance sheet reporting deliverables including review meetings with the finance Country Controller.
- Manage the relationship with Country Financial Controller and manage the team to ensure the delivery of agreed service in accordance with SLA.
- Participate in process improvement projects looking at innovation, process flow improvements and value add.
- Review of monthly internal controls in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley
- Preparation of supporting schedules and working papers for the UK and Ireland Statutory Audit.
- Maximise team performance through target management and motivation.
- Be perceptive to team morale and address any staff issues as they occur.
- Ability to multi task and provide cross team support as required
- Accounting background with strong analytical skills
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Customer focused
- Sense of responsibility, initiative and high-quality work standard
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team worker with ability to coach and motivate team
- Fluency in English
Qualifications and Experience:
- Professional accountancy qualification, e.g. ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CPA
- 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience
- Large Company statutory accounts preparation experience
- Supervisory experience
- Exposure to UK & US GAAP and previous experience with SAP an advantage
- Proficient on Excel
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network –
Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 459,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at http://www.accenture.com/.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.