About The Dock:
The Dock is Accenture’s flagship global innovation centre and research and development hub, based in Grand Canal Dock in Dublin 2. The Dock’s Technology and Engineering team focuses on the Full Stack Engineering Solutions required to incubate new assets and products – responsive UIs, micro-services, data layers – solving problems using Software Engineering, Applied Intelligence, Computer Vision, Cloud Native Design, Data Engineering and Cyber-Security.
Working in tandem with Architecture, Agile, Big Data, Analytics, Immersive, Cloud Engineering and Design pillars and practices, we operate across all stages of the innovation spectrum with a remit to build the future in real-time.
We are open and interactive, facilitating collaboration with colleagues, clients, customers and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture combined with a disruptive brief and the ability to deal with uncertainty empowers us to break future ground and build high quality assets and services.
About your role:
We are looking for an Experienced UI/UX Engineer to join our Technology & Engineering practice within the Dock’s New Products and Services organisation. You will be part of the large innovation-focussed Technology & Engineering team that helps The Dock innovate, design, create and deliver next generation solutions across a range of innovative projects, prototypes and proofs of concept.
This role will involve:
- Working in an agile technical team providing advanced UI frontend engineering expertise and guidance to high quality standards.
- Collaborating with Product Designers, Product Managers, UX Designers and Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products.
- Breaking technical epics or stories into detailed technical specifications tasks and provide reasonable workload estimation.
- Participating in engagements with clients and stakeholders to understand their requirements by attending progress updates, biweekly calls/meetings.
- Providing hands-on development on setting up frameworks, core mechanisms and troubleshooting.
- Pair programming with team members and review code to help them maintain best practices.
- Documenting key technical implementations, approaches, mechanisms.
- Identifying and consider reusability opportunities for components, services, designs.
- Working with technical leads and other senior engineers to design hands-on training sessions and workshops.
- Transferring knowledge to multi-functional teams and provide major defect support.
- A technical mentor to share your specialisms and best practices.
Your everyday abilities:
- Strong independent logical thinking and broad technical knowledge on designing UX, creating core functional logic components, APIs, complex data and application integration.
- The ability to maintain best practices within the team, using design patterns and principles, following agile processes effectively and helping the team deliver high quality solutions.
- Able to understand the perspectives of front-end and back-end engineering, data scientists, DevOps and be able to choose the right technology and approach rather than constraining yourself to addressing everything with a single technology stack.
- Highly collaborative, values relevant communication, enthusiastic in achieving results, open, even sometimes creative but has a deep interest in new and emerging technologies.
- Experience in using React, Angular, Vue or equivalent frameworks.
- Node.js with one or more frameworks (e.g. Express.js, Sails.js, Fastify).
- Engineering practices and principles. (e.g. OOP, functional, design patterns, testing).
- RESTful APIs, u-Services, message/event, serverless -based architectures.
- Responsive design & browser compatibility.
- Developing with Git or other version control systems.
- Agile development (SCRUM, Kanban, etc).
- Appreciation for design and UX best practice.
Extras we’d love to see:
- Knowledge of Java, C#, or Python
- Test frameworks (e.g. Jest/Enzyme, Mocha/Chai)
- Relational and NoSQL databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc)
- Cloud Services (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- DevOps (e.g. CI, CD, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Software Architecture and Design Patterns
Experience and qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience working in an agile team to deliver software in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment.
- 4+ years of experience as an engineer designing and implementing complex web applications, enterprise level APIs, data and webservices integration.
- B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc./M.Eng./PhD degree(s) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mathematics, related fields or relevant professional experience.
Working at Accenture means joining a company that prides itself on being Truly Human. In addition to a competitive base salary, you’ll also have an extensive benefits package that includes
- Private health insurance
- Discounted gym membership
- Emergency caring facilities
- 2 days’ leave per year for charitable work of your choice.
Flexible working arrangements can be discussed depending on the position.
This role sits within Technology and Engineering capability of The Dock's New Products & Services team. The Dock is where Accenture, our clients and partners connect to pioneer new ways to fulfil human needs using emerging technology.
As part of NPS, you’ll be joining a group that takes pride in being the best place for Accenture and our clients to ideate and incubate new products and services. You'll be part of a unique team of brilliant designers, engineers, analysts, researchers and technologists, working collaboratively under one roof to solve real-world challenges. Every day, we work with clients, partners and colleagues from across the globe to bring business innovation to life in the market. And together, we’re working towards a vision of expanding the possibilities of now, to create the products and services of tomorrow.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
ReSUME Programme - .Net Developer (6-month Fixed Term Contract)
Posted 7 days ago
Full Stack Developer
Posted 8 days ago
Cloud Advisory Consultant
Posted 8 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.