TECHNICAL APPLICATION SUPPORT SPECIALIST, Dublin, Ireland
Accenture Technology is looking to expand our Technical Application Support capabilities and we’re looking for a Technical Application Support Specialist to join our high performing team.
In this role you would lead and coordinate activities of the technical team that supports an important live application for our public service client, and work together with the functional support team ensure alignment on all business priorities, application releases and incidents. Additionally, you would work closely with the development team and other operations teams to coordinate and manage release deployment for all of the client’s application environments.
The role would require an analytical thinker who can work cohesively and collaboratively to engage and motivate teams and stakeholders to solve application problems, while communicating effectively (both written and verbal) to ensure the business needs are met. The role provides an opportunity to build upon existing technical skills and to gain new skills and knowledge of various technologies.
Role & Responsibility:
- Lead the delivery of IT support operations including analysis, triage and initial fix for system generated events and escalated incidents
- Guide the use of advanced technical and service knowledge to perform event correlation and diagnosis
- Take ownership for the coordination, investigation and documentation of system events
- Ensure consistent execution of system health checking and housekeeping activities
- Collaborate closely with other technical teams to ensure the coordinated management of release documentation and deployments to client test and production environments
- Design and support the development of enhancements for key application integration points, as well as analysis and resolution of integration issues
- Identify and implement continuous improvement in service delivery to the client
- Supervise, mentor & develop other team members
- Help our client to realise the business benefits of Continuous Delivery, DevOps and using innovation to continually improve the service provided.
Due to the nature of the client work you could be undertaking; you may also need to go through a Security Clearance process as part of this role.
Does this appeal to you? If so, we wish to hear from you.
Please also note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Please advise if you have any particular requirements, so we can look into arranging reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process. You can contact us at accessIErecruitment@accenture.com
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 514,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Background & Experience:
The Application Support (Technical) professional will have a comprehensive understanding of application support, application monitoring, alerting and debugging tools with the ability to lead a team working creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment. We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- 4+ years demonstrated ability in similar roles – supporting and maintaining applications with multiple integration points
- Experience applying DevOps, Continuous Delivery and ITIL concepts as part of an effective support operation
- Experience creating detailed process and technical documentation to facilitate ease of knowledge transfer.
- Experience with any of the following: RabbitMQ broker, Elastic Search, JBoss, Annotate, Hibernate, Atomikos, Redis/Sentinel, Apache Tomcat
- Experience working with remote development teams
- Ability to learn new things quickly and keep up with the fast-paced tooling landscape in the industry, working on cutting edge and knowing about the bleeding edge.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.