Role: Finance Asoc Manager UKI-12M FTC
Career Level: 8 - Associate Manager
- Team and technical lead in the UK and Ireland Finance & Accounting Team.
- Assist in managing the relationship with Country Controller and manage the team to ensure the delivery of agreed service in accordance with SLA.
- Ensure that all reports issued are accurate and timely and supported by appropriate explanatory business commentary.
- Manage the preparation of period end accounts and reporting including US GAAP Close, Quarterly Reviews, BS Reconciliations and ad-hoc reporting.
- Ensure the integrity and US Gaap compliance of journal entries and support internal and external audit reviews.
- Staff and day to day team management of sub- teams within the UKI Finance and Accounting team
- Manage and participate in the General Ledger processes including:
- Reconciliation and analysis of accounts
- Month End Review, Process & Reporting
- Internal Controls (Sarbanes Oxley)
- Other ad hoc reporting
- Responsible for account preparation including monthly analytical review process.
- Responsible for co-ordination of Profit and Losss and balance sheet reporting deliverables including review meetings with the finance country controller.
- Review of accounting entries to ensure compliance with US and UK GAAP, ensuring correcting entries are raised as appropriate.
- Review and analysis of account reconciliation for inclusion on monthly reconciliation pack / audit pack.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects within GBSN Dublin.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of local tools and applications in support of General Ledger processing.
- Maintain a high service level with customer base and consistently satisfy customer in a ‘metrics focused’ organisation.
- Provide reporting to management on issues, statistics, metrics and projects.
- Maximise team performance through target management and motivation.
- Be perceptive to team morale and address any staff issues as they occur.
- Co-ordinate completion of all UK and Ireland Internal Controls.
- Facilitate and provide cross team support as required.
- Accounting background with strong analytical skills
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Sense of responsibility, initiative and high-quality work standard
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team worker with ability to coach and motivate team
- Fluency in English
Qualifications and Experience:
- Professional accountancy qualification, e.g. ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CPA
- 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience
- Supervisory experience
- Exposure to US GAAP and previous experience with SAP an advantage
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.