Job Title: The Dock – Technology & Engineering – Manager
Are you ready to join top innovators making a global impact?
About “The Dock”:
The Dock is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, where Engineers, Designers, Doctors,
Scientists, Visionaries and Makers are doing things that matter for people, for places and for the
environment. Located in the heart of the Dublin Docklands in a connected, state-of-the-art workspace
designed for creativity, collaboration and fun.
About Technology & Engineering:
We focus on the Full Stack Engineering Solution – responsive UIs, micro-services, data layers –
solving problems using Applied Intelligence, Robotics, Computer Vision, IoT, Cyber-Security and Data
Working in tandem with Architecture, Agile, Big Data, Analytics, Immersive, Cloud Engineering and
Design pillars and practices, we operate across all stages of the innovation spectrum with a remit to
build the future in real-time.
The working environment is open and interactive, facilitating collaboration with colleagues, clients,
customers and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture, combined with a disruptive brief,
empowers us to break future ground.
We are Agile:
We strive to create and maintain a culture that embraces Agile values and principles. We believe that
by enabling self-organising teams with the right tools and processes and by leveraging industry and
user feedback, we can respond quickly and learn as we go. This is the right way to uncover the best
solutions for The Dock, for our Clients, and for Society.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an Technology Lead/Engineering Manager to join our growing Technology &
Engineering practice within the wider Dock organisation.
• You are someone with strong independent logical thinking and broad technical experience on
designing UX, creating core functional logic components, APIs, complex data and application
• You are someone who can lead best practices within the team, using design patterns and
principles, following agile processes effectively and helping the team deliver high quality solutions.
• You are someone who understands the perspectives of front-end and back-end engineering, data
scientists, DevOps and be able to use, choose or create the right technology and approach rather
than constraining yourself to addressing everything with a single technology stack.
• You are someone who values relevant communication, is highly collaborative, enthusiastic in
achieving results, open, even sometimes creative but has a deep interest in new and emerging
• Important: capable of leading the design, development and delivery of a full-stack solution. A
technology leader in one or more of these practice capabilities: S/W Engineering, Architecture,
Cloud Engineering, UIX/XR, Rapid Prototyping, Applied AI/ML.
What you will be doing?
You will be part of the large innovation-focussed Technology & Engineering team that helps The Dock
innovate, design, create and deliver next generation solutions across a range of innovative projects,
prototypes and proofs of concept.
The successful candidate is expected to have expert practical experience of engineering modern
applications and is expected to evangelise Thought Leadership and Best Practice ideals. You will:
• Work within innovation teams to define, create and maintain best practices and technical
• Participate in engagements with clients and stakeholders to understand their requirements by
attending progress updates, bi weekly calls/meetings;
• Work with architects to analyse and design complex integrated technical solutions, services and
• Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to deliver
compelling user-facing products;
• Break technical epics or stories into detailed technical specifications tasks and provide
reasonable workload estimation;
• Possess strong leadership of the technology stack, working in an agile technical team providing
advanced engineering expertise and guidance to high quality standards;
• Provide hands-on development on setting up frameworks, core mechanisms and troubleshooting;
• Pair programme with team members and review code to help them maintain best practices;
• Document key technical implementations, approaches, mechanisms;
• Identify and consider reusability opportunities for components, services, designs;
• Work with other technical leads and other senior engineers to design hands-on training sessions
• Transfer knowledge to multi-functional teams and provide major defect support;
• Where applicable, be a technical mentor to share your specialisms and best practices.
We require senior level skills in the following selections (highly desirable items are marked with “H”,
desirable are marked with “D”, and any others are great to have):
H Java EE ecosystem (Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc.)
H Node.js with one or more frameworks (e.g. Express.js, Sails.js)
D C# .Net
H HTML5/CSS3 and related component libraries and tooling
H React, Angular, Vue.js or equivalent frameworks/libraries
D Test frameworks (e.g. Jest/Enzyme, Mocha/Chai, jUnit/Mockito)
H Relational and NoSQL databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
D ORM (e.g. Sequelize, Hibernate, TypeORM)
D DevOps (e.g. CI, CD, Docker, Kubernetes)
H Test/Behavior/Domain Driven Development
H Engineering principles, e.g. design patterns, unit and integration testing
D Cloud services: e.g. AWS/Azure/Google Cloud Platform
H Developing with Git or other version control systems
H RESTful APIs, uServices, event/message, serverless -based architectures
D Responsive design & browser compatibility
H Agile development (SCRUM, Kanban, etc)
D Data Analytics and Engineering
D Machine Learning Tooling, e.g. TensorFlow, Cognitive Services, etc
IoT or Distributed Ledger Technology
Robotics/Machine Vision/Control Systems
D Enterprise Line of Business Mobile/Web Applications
H S/W Engineering Principles & Practices
D S/W Architecture and Design Patterns
D User Interface Experience & Mixed Realities
D Applied AI/ML
D Rapid Prototyping Practices and Tooling
D Cloud Engineering and Transformation
Technology & Innovation Consulting
Big Data and Applied Analytics
DevOps and Security
Agile Methodologies and Lean Practices
• Up to 2+ years of experience leading an agile team to deliver software in a fast-paced, highly
collaborative work environment.
• 8+ years of experience as an engineer designing and implementing complex web applications,
enterprise level APIs, data and webservices integration.
• Experience in development and working in areas of emerging technology (AI, Analytics, IoT,
Blockchain, Immersive Realities) and driving new points of view and capabilities
• Proven expertise in creating solutions and accurately estimating project effort and costs
(particularly for agile deliveries)
• Experience with agile development (SCRUM, Kanban, etc) and within an agile project team
• Proven experience in project and program management and in managing senior stakeholders
• B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc./M.Eng./PhD degree(s) in Computer Science, Software Engineering,
Electronics Engineering, Mathematics, related fields or relevant professional experience.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with
more than 420,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The Dock at Accenture is a
multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, as an accelerator for Accenture and our clients to
unlock value. Launched in Sept 2015, the global innovation centre brings together top talent under
three disciplines; designers, developers and domain experts with expertise in AI, IoT, digital
marketing, cyber security, advanced analytics and tech development.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society
and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability,
age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.