People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through HR the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
Human Resources professionals develop and execute HR strategies, programs and services across one or more parts of the employee lifecycle to attract, develop and retain a highly engaged and differentiated workforce that enables the execution of human capital and business strategies. The two operational processes are transfers and terminations.
- Handle inbound employee/cross-functional teams’ inquiries, identify needs, process necessary transactions in Workday, Salesforce and other systems, and escalate issues.
- Gathering data and working with the employees/cross-functional teams to prepare to submit for an intercompany transfer.
- Shadow People Operations Partners on all transfer, exit, leaves and onboarding related work to develop detailed understanding of the People Operations business processes and supporting technologies to take on the work being performed by People Operations Partners
- Interview business stakeholders to validate process and capture process flow details
- Review existing system and process documentation ask clarifying questions to better understand the work
- Document Current and Future State process flows and create Desktop Procedure Documents validating information and changes with business stakeholders per accepted Change Request process
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and compile process information for Delivery Process Training as part of transition to Shared Services
- Raise risks and issues to Project Management
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Business Operations
- Accenture experience preferred
- Workday, Salesforce, & Visio experience
- Previous HR experience is a plus but not required
- Process mapping experience a plus
Please also note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.