Job Title: Legal Counsel – Ethics & Compliance, Data Privacy
Level: 7 - Manager
- As part of the Clients & Contracting functional group (“tower”) within Accenture’s global Data Privacy team, the role has responsibility for providing data privacy support for our client facing business, such as Applied Intelligence and Data Services business areas, including advising on incorporation of Privacy by Design principles into our offerings, and related data privacy contractual provisions with Clients and third party suppliers;
- Provide data privacy advice to the Accenture flagship innovation center, in support of rapid-solutioning to meet identified client needs;
- Keep abreast of technology trends and developments and their impact to Accenture and our clients, develop guidance and thought leadership for internal and external audiences;
- Build and maintain strong and trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders, in particular with legal and business teams, and interact with clients, as needed;
- Effectively work with a team of data privacy and other legal professionals and business teams in remote locations, providing advice and guidance in an engaged, business focused and pragmatic manner.
Reports to: Senior Legal Counsel – Ethics & Compliance, Data Privacy.
- Legal, including Sales & Delivery, Government Relations, Geographic Support;
- Corporate Functions and business stakeholders;
- Geographic leadership;
- Related subject matter experts (e.g. Analytics, security professionals, government compliance);
- Privacy professionals at client and peer companies; and
- Outside Counsel.
Education: University degree (Master or comparable level) – legal degree. CIPP/CIPM or comparable privacy certification required.
Work Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in global data privacy function preferably in EU based business, a major law firm and/or multinational corporation. Prior role in providing legal guidance for business units engaged in data analytics and/or data services field, as well as artificial intelligence, and roles involving strong project management and organizational skills would be considered a plus. Experience and expertise with major national data privacy legislation, in particular in the European Union, and cross border and data localization issues. Experience in monitoring trends and developments in the analytics and data services areas and translating those into actionable requirements.
Work Requirements: limited travel required as needed. Must have ability to effectively work with others remotely, manage a schedule with global clients and engage in contract negotiation.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Demonstrated command of data privacy and related laws and regulations;
- Proven ability to develop vision, operationalize and implement strategy;
- Demonstrated ability to identify, understand and assess trends and developments in the analytics and data services fields, explain issues in a practical, results focused manner, and curiosity for learning about new technology;
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface, and develop relationships, with all levels of management and staff, and work cross-culturally;
- Confidence and credibility in dealing with internal management;
- Highly motivated and proactive, with the ability to articulate company vision and policy, and to seek out areas of risk and priority;
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and prioritize;
- Adapts nimbly to changing needs within the business.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.