- IT Local Support technician supporting Accenture personnel largely based around the Dublin campus.
- Local Support services to be provided include:
- Desk side support for hardware and standard software (where remote support cannot resolve problem) of Accenture workstations.
- Software repair / recovery / rebuild service.
- Troubleshooting printing and file server access problems.
- PC builds &upgrades (including data backup / restore).
- Other support requirements as applicable.
- Respond to incidents logged via IT Service Desk, Accenture Portal or in person, administering solutions to known problems and diagnosing and documenting undefined problems as they occur within the agreed SLAs.
- Asset management to ensure global KPIs are met on a monthly basis.
- Dealing with IT equipment disposal activities.
- WLAN/LAN connectivity troubleshooting
- Using a “change management” approach to new technology offerings to ensure items are vetted, tested and approved before being offered to customers.
- To work on projects and implementations of new services as required
- To provide second and third line technical support for a number of software applications including:
- Mac OS X, Microsoft OS & applications, and other specific Accenture software.
- To provide support of current Accenture workstations, including imaging of Accenture machines (both laptop and desktop) to Accenture standards.
- To provide support, help and advice to users on Accenture’s IT environment.
- To diagnose and document incidents logged to the Local Support team through our Incident Management call tracking system.
- Investigate root cause of incidents, document and communicate any identified fixes or workarounds to UKI LTS teams.
- Liaising with Workstation Lead and Infrastructure Services to ensure that recurring incidents/problems are given relevant focus.
- Reviewing previously closed incidents to ensure that relevant information has been included and assessing for improvements in service delivered.
- Ensuring that quality issues surrounding incident troubleshooting and case logs are flagged and appropriate action is taken.
- Update the asset management tool (FlexNet) daily
- Escalate issues via appropriate channels.
- Attend and provide appropriate contributions to all team meetings.
- Ensure that the working environment is clean, tidy and meets all H&S requirements.
- Other appropriate duties as required.
- Mac OS Xs, Windows 7, 8, 10 /, Microsoft OS and applications.
- Project management exposure.
- Practiced customer support skills.
- Customer IT Support experience (preferably in a high profile, mission critical environment) (2+ Yrs).
- The requirement to move IT equipment is part of the role, manual handling training will be given.
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) or Apple Certified System Administrator (ACSA).
- Microsoft Certified (MCSE, MCP) specializing in Windows Server 2012 and Active Directory.
- Knowledge of laptop, desktop, smartphones, tablets and printer hardware fundamentals.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN and networking principles and equipment, IP Telephony (Voice over IP) and server technologies as well as network security fundamentals.
- A working Knowledge of Blade Enclosures and Blade Technology.
- Understanding of ITSM Remedy or ServiceNow Support Tool.
- Knowledge of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3. Certification would be an advantage
- Excellent problem analysis and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with people of all levels within Accenture.
- Able to command the respect of individuals at all levels within Accenture.
- Experience of working with customers and stakeholders in high pressure environments.
- Ability to resolve difficult customer situations and escalate issues when appropriate.
- Ability to work on own initiative either independently or as part of a team.
- A keen interest in technological innovations.
- Excellent organisation and documentation skills.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to multi-task workload.
- A keen interest in technological innovations.
- A quick thinker with a ‘can do’ attitude and aptitude for creativity.
- Confident, determined self-starter, strong team builder and team player.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.