What we're looking for
IT Business Analysts who can capture functional and non-functional IT requirements and work with business and IT stakeholders to establish a clear definition of scope. Candidates must be able to identify and document requirements, understand how the requirements map to the technical solution whilst ensuring that the capabilities of the software or technical solution are considered.
The candidate must be able to effectively translate these requirements into comprehensive business focused design documents to clearly articulate the proposed design. The candidate must then be able to work successfully with the development team, bridging the divide between IT and the business. Successful candidates will apply both functional knowledge and technical expertise during requirements analysis and design to deliver comprehensive solutions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Gathering, analysing and documenting solution requirements using Business Analysis techniques to capture both functional and technical requirements
- Facilitating requirements gathering workshops of various stakeholder group sizes and managing follow-up activities
- Using appropriate techniques and tools to capture ‘as is’ processes and working with the business and IT stakeholders to define and document ‘to be’ processes, including proposing process improvements, where appropriate
- Excellent attention to detail and document creation skills
- Establishing and maintaining the requirements traceability matrix to verify requirements coverage and completeness
- Working with client stakeholders to ensure that captured requirements are measurable, testable and have an associated business benefit
- Working effectively with developers and test teams to ensure requirements are interpreted correctly
- Providing support to both internal and external teams during the various test execution phases
- Operating within and adhering to the methodology of choice of the client / project team whether it be waterfall, agile, Scrum or another
- Scope management
- Change control related tasks including analysis of new defects or requests from the client & assessing whether they are in or out of scope of the agreed remit of the project; and working with development & test teams to pull together estimates for change requests or larger pieces of work
- Excellent client stakeholder engagement skills
- Excellent communication skills with clients of all levels and with fellow project team members
- Responding effectively in a dynamic project environment and working to tight and sometimes challenging deadlines
- Utilising efficient and effective processes and standards in order to continuously improve quality.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience in a business analyst role
- Proven delivery track record in business type initiatives such as business requirements definition, continuous process improvement & cost reduction initiatives, roll-out of new services or tools, operations perfection
- Hands-on experience with various development methodologies including waterfall and agile
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Positive relationship building and communications abilities and ability to influence
- Enthusiastic approach in handling issues, risks, dependencies and critical issues
- Highly skilled in MS Office and have familiarity with using MS Project
- Familiarity with Project Management principles
- You should be a Self-Starter
- Ability to interpret and analyse existing reporting or data, along with ability to drive data analysis into conclusions and actions
- Previous experience of working and collaborating with disparate and often global / online teams
- Work experience in large multinational would be helpful
- Previous experience working in the IT or High-Tech sector would be sought after
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
USA CA - San Francisco
Finance & Risk-Operational Risk Consultant
Agile Technical Coach Consultant
USA TX - Dallas
Accenture Entry Level Technology Associate - Dallas
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.