Overall purpose of job
This position takes responsibility for the collection of invoice process and uses analytical and investigative tools to manage an assigned customer base. Developing and maintaining a positive relationship with the client’s customers is essential to ensuring that cash collection activities meet the requirements of the Client. Measurements of success are reducing aged debt, maximising collection and collating high quality dispute information. You will also be responsible for routine telephone calls to delinquent customer accounts, and resolving problems that delay collections, including timely and effective communication with other departments.
- Contact customers by phone and other tools to ensure timely payment of all invoices, being pro-active to ensure an overdue situation does not occur.
- Develop and maintain professional relationship with internal and external clients.
- Ensure that the collections processes followed are in adherence with Sarbanes/Oxley procedures.
- Promptly provide customer payment remittances to Accenture’s cash applications team.
- Produce monthly statements in line with client processes and SOX procedures.
- Meet weekly/monthly collections targets and all SLA’s.
- Escalate to management dispute information to a high degree of quality as required in accordance with escalation policy.
- Produce monthly statements to send to customers in line with clients SOX processes.
- Flexible working hours are required during client specified key periods (month end)
- Record all collections activities in a consistent manner as per client process.
- 6 months – 1 years collections or accounts payable experience/customer care/sales experience in an international environment
- Strong interpersonal /business skills both oral and written with very good telephone skills
- Ability to work on own initiative in a Team environment.
- Good organisational & time management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Analytical approach / good problem solving skills
- Excellent reporting skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- Ability to establish and maintain key relationships.
- Fluency in English and a European language (preferably French).
- Third level qualification will be an advantage but not essential
- Fluency in English and second language would be a distinct advantage
- Intermediate Excel an advantage, but not essential
- SAP experience is preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
USA CA - San Jose
Bilingual -Content Moderation Associate
Business Process Delivery
USA AL - Huntsville
Federal - SAP Functional Analyst
Business & Technology Integration
Middleware & Integration Architecture Manager
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.