Technology Strategy Consultant
Accenture Strategy helps develop strategies for leading organisations and communities around the world. We solve complex business challenges at the intersection of business and technology. We take a specialist led, value-based approach to identifying the right strategies for our clients. We have created what we believe is the strategy firm of the future, combining deep industry and functional expertise with design thinking approaches, underpinned by data-driven solutions for our global client base. Accenture Strategy serves 72 of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects.
Our Irish strategy practice has grown substantially over the last 3 years. We have built our expertise and strategic service offerings and currently hold a dominant position in the Strategy Consultancy market. We combine deep business insights, exceptional technology and digitalisation strategy transformation skills and an entrepreneurial approach to how we partner with our clients and delivery on their business needs at C-Suite level.
Technology Strategy is one part of our growing Strategy Practice. Here, we develop company-wide IT and digitalisation strategies that exploit disruptive technologies and strategically advise our Fortune 500 CIO clients on how to re-imagine their IT operating models, enterprise architectures and governance. Our Technology Strategy practice has been consistently rated as the best Technology Strategy team in the industry by the Financial Times based on client ratings.
As a Technology Strategy Consultant, you will gain exposure to solving challenging client problems, leveraging deep industry strategy knowledge and technology expertise across our 8000+ global strategy network. You will be involved in:
- Collaborating with industry and business specialists to develop comprehensive technology and IT strategies
- Assisting our clients to establish and implement a vision, a roadmap and governance to address today’s business needs and support future growth
- Identifying where our clients can leverage IT for greatest strategic impact and defining target IT architectures that supports business needs and reduce costs
- Analysing industry context, interviewing key client stakeholders, building and facilitating client workshops, and ensuring a fact-based approach to developing strategy
- Developing detailed and actionable business cases and plans
- Contributing to our thought leadership, as you gain additional experience working at the intersect of business and technology
- Learning through Accenture’s Strategy College, world class business schools and experts across the company
We are looking for strategic thinkers and problem solvers who can develop and nurture long-term client relationships, become key contributors within multidisciplinary cross-functional project teams, who embrace diversity and inclusion, is a creative thinker with a passion for all thing’s tech-related!
Qualifications & Background:
- BA, BSc or MSc qualified, preferably in an engineering, technology or business-related discipline
- Previous experience in one or more of the following areas is required to be successful in this role –
- Digital / Technology Strategy: Develop a deep understanding of business needs, define their implications on current and future use of enterprise technology, and create data-driven strategies as well as clear roadmaps for change
- IT Operating Model: Shape IT operating models which enable the IT organisation to deliver value in line with business strategies
- Technology Cost Optimisation: Understand the drivers of technology cost and the key levers to extract more value from IT, create and manage business cases
- Data / Information Strategy: Define data governance, operating model, key technologies and shape monetisation strategies
- Enterprise Architecture / Modernisation: Help clients establish a vision, roadmap and governance. Comfortable with business, application, data and infrastructure architectures.
- MBA from a leading business school
- Strong desire to work in technology-driven business transformation and curiosity around opportunities and threats posed by innovation and industry convergence
- Knowledge of, and passion for, business and technology trends such as AI, Microservices/Containers/APIs, Blockchain, ZBx, Platform Business Models, RegTech, Big Data, Internet of Things
- Knowledge of industry operations, dynamics and trends in one or more of the following industries: Financial Services, Automotive, Retail and Consumer Packaged Goods
knowledge of strategy and / or enterprise architecture concepts through
practical experience and via exposure to industry models and frameworks
e.g. Porter’s five forces, Norton Kaplan, Minto pyramid, TOGAF
- First class written and verbal communication skills; the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Drive; enjoys a challenge, proven ability to adapt and remove obstacles to achieve results, determination and optimism
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 477,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
Salesforce Senior Developer (Lightning) - Accenture Technology
Posted 2 days ago
Agile/Change Organization Consultant
Posted 2 days ago
Federal - Integration Operations Analyst, Mid
Posted 2 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.