- Preparation of tax provisions as part of both the year end US GAAP and local Statutory process for UKI operating entities of the Group.
- Preparing tax computations for a range of Irish and UK subsidiaries, filing relevant tax returns and dealing with any Revenue queries.
- Responsibility for planning and managing the statutory and tax compliance timetable for the UKI entities in line with Accenture’s internal policy deadlines.
- Ensure integrity and completeness of financial records and internal financial controls
- Responsibility for the preparation of the year-end UKI tax package for submission to the Global tax group as well as answering queries and providing data as required.
- Calculation of the UKI Effective Tax Rate on a quarterly basis.
- Preparation of the Tax forecast on a quarterly basis for review by Country Controller.
- Responsibility for managing tax compliance process for acquisitions and liquidations.
- Develop and manage the relationship with country controller and the Global tax Group.
- Detailed review of monthly statutory and tax reconciliations
- Involvement in setting up and improving on processes with a view to making them more efficient
- Facilitate and provide cross team support as required
- Provide reporting to management on issues, statistics, metrics and projects
- Working with colleagues across the Group, ensuring effective collaboration, communication and development of solutions
- Qualified Accountant and/or Qualified Tax Professional
- Detailed knowledge of tax legislation and current Revenue practices
- First class numerical and technical analysis skills
- The ability to interpret and understand financial and business information and make the associated recommendations for action
- Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight reporting deadlines
- Ability to manage a broad and varying portfolio of work
- IT skills particularly with regard to data analysis and presentation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- A logical and organised approach to work
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Accuracy and timeliness
- Investigative ability/aptitude
- AlphaTax and SAP experience an advantage but not essential
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.