Career Level: 9 - Consultant
- The Information Technology (IT) Internal Auditor performs audit projects in accordance with Accenture’s audit methodology and The Institute of Internal Auditors’ (“IIA”) International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing. The Internal Auditor – Information Technology role focuses on audit projects that involve cyber/data security, computer operations, and IT compliance.
- The IT Internal Auditor effectively executes a wide range of Internal Audit activities in a high quality and timely manner. In their role, they perform activities that include planning and developing work programs, identifying recommendations for continuous improvement in global processes and controls, communicating results, and following up on issues reported. They are also responsible for audit strategy development, organization risk assessment/planning, and completion of special requests for Accenture Management and the Audit Committee.
Key skills – Proficient in performing audit projects in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors' (IIA) international standards, focusing on projects that involve information technology global processes and controls, and computerized information systems. Additionally, strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills, and coaching and mentoring, innovation and creative thinking, and driving team engagement.
Roles and Responsibilitities:
- In charge the end-to-end responsibility of the audit completion. Participate in the detailed execution and communication of the risk-based work plan, including Accenture management and Audit Committee special project requests.
- Perform audit work, including plan preparation, work papers, findings, and associated reports.
- As appropriate, identify opportunities for continuous improvement of information technology, accounting, financial, and other processes and evaluation of reorganization-driven risk.
- Manage auditee relationship, including facilitating meetings and discussions of findings.
- Prepare well-written and timely audit reports and high-quality presentations for leadership and board level reporting.
- IT background with strong analytical skills.
- Strong issue identification/analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Positive attitude and flexibility.
- Sense of responsibility, initiative and high-quality work standard.
- Very good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Fluency in English. A second European language would be preferred.
- Strong PC skills (MS Office, including Excel, Access and Word).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working in an in an IT audit environment
- Exposure to US GAAP, IFRS and SOX.
- Must have – University or Institute of Technology level 7 degree qualification.
- Good to have - CIA, CISA, ISO27001, CISSP certification.
- Up to 10-20% travel requirement throughout the Europe region (with some ad-hoc travel to APAC/US)
- Reporting to: Internal Audit Manager – Europe
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 459,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
USA CA - San Francisco
Salesforce Functional Manager- West
North America Inclusion & Diversity Marketing & Communications Manager
Marketing & Communications
USA TX - Dallas
Java Full Stack Developer
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.