Role: LIMS Developer / Analyst - Accenture Scientific Informatics Services (ASIS)
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Accenture have acquired LabAnswer, the leading domain experts in business process optimisation, and the implementation and support of enterprise scientific informatics solutions such as LIMS, ELN, SDMS, CDS & others. Exciting career opportunities now exist throughout Europe in Accenture’s Scientific Informatics Services (ASIS) business unit.
Become a member of this unique team combining scientific data management experts with the global transformation capabilities of Accenture and be a part of redefining the future of laboratory operations.
Accenture Scientific Informatics Services (ASIS) works with “best in breed” Laboratory Informatics software products to provide total solutions for our clients. ASIS are experts in architecting, configuring, deploying, validating and supporting laboratory systems. These systems include LIMS, ELN, SDMS, and CDS, among others. This domain where laboratory science intersects with information technology is our passion, and unlike some other companies providing similar services, it is our singular focus!
work closely with clients, building relationships and communicating effectively
with stakeholders of varying seniority levels with this role requiring strong
written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to demonstrate strong
relationship management skills
If you have a Scientific background, and work experience in a highly regulated laboratory environment, laboratory informatics with programming experience in C# and/or Java, a natural curiosity, a drive and a desire to make a difference in people's lives, we would love to hear from you!
- Perform configuration of laboratory informatics systems and develop complex software functionality under the mentorship of a team of Scientific Informatics Systems Experts
- Develop simple software functionality and simple reports (fixed format)
- Write and Perform Unit Tests, periodic status / progress reports
- Perform more complex configurations of laboratory information systems
- Write basic SQL queries using relational database concepts and schema design principles
- Integrate laboratory instruments with scientific software packages
- Participate in peer reviews of code for coding standards, methodologies and best-in-class practices, functionality, error handling, etc.
- Develop more complex and dynamic reports
- Break complex processes into smaller achievable pieces
- Integrate scientific applications with other scientific or non-scientific applications
- Take leading role in requirements analysis process with client partners
- Develop complex algorithms and software designs
- Design and Develop reusable utility / library software
Qualifications and Background
- Strong academic credentials (excellent undergraduate degree - preferably Science-related) and a real passion for continuous learning and development of your software and informatics skills and knowledge
- Software development experience in Laboratory Informatics projects
- Previous experience working in highly-regulated environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong logical / analytical thinking
- Strong problem-solving skills
If this sounds like the role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 459,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant(s) be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
USA PA - Pittsburgh
360 Value Chain SRM Specialist
Accenture Consulting-HR Transformation Manager-West Region
Accenture Consulting-HR Tranformation Consultant-West Region
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.