A self-starter with the ability to provide support to our existing and new customers, we are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to be based in in our Cork office. The role will be to work with a team of engineers in disparate locations, in the ongoing delivery of embedded software projects.
The ideal candidate will be technically strong with the ability to lead other engineers, with over 3 years’ experience in software development on embedded platforms.
Strong experience of Continuous Integration – comfortable with development tools, build systems & software debuggers. Experience of agile practices and tools such as Jira & Confluence, and experience of automation tools such as Jenkins. Skilled at software configuration management and experienced with working in a Linux environment.
Ability to script with a high proficiency in Python and to code in C/C++. Good communication skills, with the ability to handle queries from our clients and help resolve issues they may have with software within our scope of responsibility. Experience of Digital Video CPE platforms with the ability to work with SOC vendors and OEMs to resolve issues with platform integrations would also be an advantage. Availability for short term international travel also required as needed.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Experience in working with disparate teams of software engineers in remote locations
- Experience working in a continuous integration and agile environments
- Digital TV, Broadband and Audio/Video technologies.
- Familiar with Jira, Confluence, Jenkins and similar tools and concepts
- Strong understanding of software concepts and issue identification with a view to prioritising and resolving such issues
- Ability to develop and maintain processes that support and automate finding and resolving software issues.
Strong time management skills
- Support for preparation of proposals
- Experience in estimating work
- Supporting technical business development activities
- Responding to RFIs/RFPs
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
USA PA - Pittsburgh
360 Value Chain SRM Specialist
Accenture Consulting-HR Transformation Manager-West Region
Accenture Consulting-HR Tranformation Consultant-West Region
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.