Job Title: The Dock – Software Engineering Lead
Are you ready to join top innovators making a global impact?
About “The Dock”:
The Dock is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, where Engineers, Designers, Doctors, Scientists, Visionaries and Makers are doing things that matter for people, for places and for the environment. Located in the heart of the Dublin Docklands in a connected, state-of-the-art workspace designed for creativity, collaboration and fun.
About Advanced Applications Engineering:
We focus on the Full Stack Engineering Solution – responsive UIs, micro-services, data layers – solving problems using Applied Intelligence, Robotics, Computer Vision, IoT, Cyber-Security and Data Engineering.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Software Engineering Lead to join our growing Advanced Applications Engineering Group within Software Engineering and the wider Dock organisation.
· You are someone with strong independent logical thinking and broad technical experience on designing UX, creating core functional logic components, APIs, complex data and application integration.
· You are someone who can define best practices within the team, using design patterns and principles, following agile processes effectively and helping the team deliver high quality solutions.
· You are someone who understands the perspectives of front-end and back-end engineering, data scientists, DevOps and be able to choose the right technology and approach rather than constraining yourself to addressing everything with a single technology stack.
· You are someone who values relevant communication, is highly collaborative, enthusiastic in achieving results, open, even sometimes creative but has a deep interest in new and emerging technologies.
What you will be doing?
You will be part of the Advanced Application Engineering group of a large innovation-focussed Software Engineering team that helps The Dock innovate, design, create and deliver next generation solutions across a range of innovative projects, prototypes and proofs of concept.
The successful candidate is expected to have very strong practical experience of engineering modern applications and is expected to bring Thought Leadership and Best Practice ideals. You will:
· Work within innovation teams to define, create and maintain best practices and technical roadmaps;
· Participate in engagements with clients and stakeholders to understand their requirements by attending progress updates, bi weekly calls/meetings;
· Work with architects to analyse and design complex integrated technical solutions, services and components;
· Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products;
· Break technical epics or stories into detailed technical specifications tasks and provide reasonable workload estimation;
· Possess very strong knowledge of the technology stack, working in an agile technical team providing advanced engineering expertise and guidance to high quality standards;
· Provide hands-on development on setting up frameworks, core mechanisms and troubleshooting;
· Pair programme with team members and review code to help them maintain best practices;
· Document key technical implementations, approaches, mechanisms;
· Identify and consider reusability opportunities for components, services, designs;
· Work with technical leads and other senior engineers to design hands-on training sessions and workshops;
We require specialist level skills in the following selections:
· Node.js with one or more frameworks (e.g. Express.js, Sails.js)
· HTML5/CSS3 and related component libraries and tooling
· DevOps (e.g. CI, CD, Docker, Kubernetes)
· Test/Behavior/Domain Driven Development
· Engineering principles, e.g. design patterns, unit and integration testing
· Developing with Git or other version control systems
· RESTful APIs, micro services, serverless architectures
Nice to Have:
· Java EE ecosystem (Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc.)
· Test frameworks (e.g. Jest/Enzyme, Mocha/Chai, jUnit/Mockito)
· Relational and NoSQL databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
· React, Angular, Vue.js or equivalent frameworks/libraries
· ORM (e.g. Sequelize, Hibernate, TypeORM)
· Cloud services: e.g. AWS/Azure/Google Cloud Platform
· Responsive design & browser compatibility
· Agile development (SCRUM, Kanban, etc)
· Data Analytics and Engineering
· Machine Learning Tooling, e.g. TensorFlow, Cognitive Services, etc
· IoT or Distributed Ledger Technology
· Robotics/Machine Vision/Control Systems
· 6+ years of experience leading an agile team to deliver software in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment.
· 6+ years of experience as an engineer designing and implementing complex web applications, enterprise level APIs, data and webservices integration.
· B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc./M.Eng./PhD degree(s) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mathematics, related fields or relevant professional experience.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 420,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The Dock at Accenture is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, as an accelerator for Accenture and our clients to unlock value. Launched in Sept 2015, the global innovation centre brings together top talent under three disciplines; designers, developers and domain experts with expertise in AI, IoT, digital marketing, cyber security, advanced analytics and tech development.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
SAP SD/OTC Technology Consulting - Senior Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 1 day ago
Salesforce Developer (Lightning) - Accenture Technology
Posted 1 day ago
USA PA - Berwyn
Associate Manager – Berwyn, PA
Posted 1 day ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.