The successful AWS System Administrator will be an experienced AWS System Administrator professional with strong technical skills whose primary function will be to administer a live project on AWS, serving a global community on a 24/7 basis, designing efficient and robust solutions to meet project requirements, and resolving issues in a Continuous Integration environment using state of the art methodologies and tools.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Supporting the project team in keeping our code management facility running efficiently and continuously for a global community.
- Using confirmed understanding of AWS sysadmin approaches, practices, tools and techniques to help design and deliver the overall Continuous Integration environment used by the team to deliver code to the global community.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the Code Management Facility to bring about improvements through insights gained via analysis of the VPC environment.
- Identify what tools and technologies should be implemented to support a CI/CD capability. aligning with those already used across the broader development function and in-line with the skill-set of the team.
- Take responsibility for all security related administration for the project, being the key interface with the Accenture Security team for issue resolution, and for maintaining and protecting client data for the project, including supporting management of credentials and certificates.
- Administering the management of servers and applications hosted in the cloud including Gerrit and Jenkins, making use of tools such as Packer and Puppet to support project developers with required configuration changes, the deployment of new applications, and administrating upgrades to existing applications.
- Interface with our customers to support security audits and new requirements and initiatives as required.
- Stay up to speed on process, practice and technology developments internally and externally.
- Support the IT infrastructure team within Accenture, and the project team’s test infrastructure in the test LAB environment.
- Key point of contact for all issues detected with respect to AWS hosting. Troubleshoot and debug issues arising in the project environment.