Job Title: Knowledge Manager-Legal
Accenture operates in a fast-changing environment and we are always evolving our business to be even more relevant, differentiated and competitive. Accenture Commercial Client Services (ACCS) brings innovative solutions to our strategic commercial and contract-related functions to support our client teams as they manage, sell and deliver work for our clients globally. We are building capabilities in Accenture Commercial Client Services as part of our corporate hub in Dublin, Ireland, to drive growth and profitability by streamlining end-to-end processes, creating an agile model that is scalable to balance global and local needs, and applying connected platforms, new technology and advanced analytics to become increasingly insight led, data driven and dynamic in our commercial and contracting work.
This is an exciting opportunity to shape and influence the Knowledge strategic agenda within Legal. The Legal Knowledge Manager will support, implement and communicate Legal’s Knowledge strategy, policies, standards and approaches. They will assist in development and implementation of country Knowledge plans in line with the strategy; and help drive Knowledge uptake, quality, consistency and alignment through these plans.
Supporting Legal’s Knowledge strategic agenda:
- Implementing and communicating Knowledge strategic priorities, policies, standards and guidelines.
- Helping put in Knowledge effectiveness and quality measures.
Building relationships with key user groups to understand and anticipate evolving Knowledge requirements:
- Working with Legal teams to put in place Knowledge Champions and to support these Champions in developing and executing Knowledge strategic plans, in assessing the current maturity of Knowledge activities and understanding the requirements for gap closure.
- Working with the Champions to identify potential issues and areas for improvement; to scope pragmatic solutions; and to disseminate lessons learned and best practices.
Creating, collecting and making available Knowledge content; ensuring this is regularly reviewed and kept current:
- Establishing and managing knowledge capture and reuse processes.
- Managing the content, development, support and maintenance of Legal’s information and contract repositories.
- Developing and applying processes and governance for knowledge sharing and curation across these repositories.
- Working with document owners and legal team curators to manage templates, standard agreements and (potential) clause library.
Working with the Knowledge Champions and Legal Technology team to maximize use of the global Knowledge platforms (particularly Legal Connect):
- Being conversant with existing and developing legal technology and platforms and work in close collaboration with the Legal Technology team to develop solutions for knowledge management.
- Working with the Champions to identify priority functional gaps; address availability, accessibility and usability issues.
Helping execute Knowledge investments:
- Supporting sourcing and vendor management for Knowledge services provided by third parties.
- Liaising with Director of Law Firm Management to determine contributions from and access for panel firms.
Developing and promoting Knowledge cultures by facilitating engagement and communication across Legal:
- Active engagement with the Legal teams and influencing them to collaborate and contribute towards Knowledge initiatives.
- Supporting targeted Knowledge forums, events and networking activities.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Legal professional status (licensed attorney or equivalent) preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years working experience within law firms (e.g. as a Professional Support Lawyer) and/or legal environments.
- Within these environments, demonstrable experience of deploying Knowledge strategies, policies and initiatives.
- Familiarity with legal research tools and knowledge management repositories.
- Understanding of developments in legal Knowledge technology and tools.
- Strong evaluation and problem-solving skills: able to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences.
- Logical reasoning: able to demonstrate rationale behind any recommendations and achieve consensus around proposed outcomes
- Outstanding spoken and written communication skills: able to deal confidently, tactfully and appropriately with people of different disciplines and at all levels of the organization
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills: able to build strong relationships with multiple global stakeholders quickly via virtual tools; listen, understand and respond to any concerns.
- Prioritization skills: Comfortable working within a large and complex environment with multiple stakeholders and interest groups.
- Task management: Professional and organized approach to delivery. Able to work under pressure and to tight timescales, with minimal supervision.
Personal Qualities Required
- Strategic thinking and innovation: Able to think strategically but also willing and able to roll their sleeves up and do whatever is needed to achieve key business objectives, diving into detail where necessary.
- Influence and communication: Able to be highly credible and persuasive, influencing key stakeholders and effecting change with or without direct reporting authority.
- Collaboration: Able to work well with others, to build strong relationships, to share knowledge and expertise to foster a sense of trust.
- Drive: Commitment to getting things done, including self-sufficiency and the lack of need for detailed direction.
- Flexibility: Ability to manage diary and working pattern to enable more interactions with global stakeholders.
- Resilience: Able to manage emotions and take steps to manage workplace frustrations constructively; remaining calm and positive under pressure.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. 459,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
USA TX - Austin
Medical Policy Support Associate Manager
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
USA NY - New York
Finance & Risk - Liquidity Risk Manager
Workday HCM Manager - Northeast Region
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.