Job Location: Dublin
Regional Description: Ireland
Job Number: 00628848 00628848_en
Payments Project Manager
Join Accenture Technology and you’ll work alongside fellow industry guides to lead ground-breaking projects, and define cutting edge solutions, solving our client’s most complex issues.
Examples of Technology work within Payments are:
• Defining the roadmap for key strategic and legislative driven IT Programmes
• Shaping and leading the delivery of complex technology solutions in the Payments area
• Defining the way our clients exploit the “New IT”: Agile, DevOps, AI, Digital, etc
• Helping clients navigate its journey into the cloud
• Driving the modernisation of legacy IT platforms
• Advising our clients and developing communities of practice on new technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Analytics and Blockchain
• Minimum 5 years Project Management experience in the Payments space
• Experience in working on the projects using Agile delivery methods
• Deep understanding of the various challenges, business and technology imperatives in Payments space
• Minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree, or equivalent.
• Knowledge of various methodologies: waterfall, lean, agile Team Management Experience. Understanding team strengths, with experience mentoring and developing others
• Experience in stakeholder management and workshop facilitation
• Preferred background: Retail or Corporate banking experience/ merchant/ acquirer experience/ alternative Payments vendor experience
• Understanding of at least one key Payments area:
• Core Payments and/ or Cards payments (issuance, acquiring)
• Alternative Payment Methods and Payments Innovation (Bitcoin, E-Wallets, Blockchain)
• Payments Regulation (PSD2, FATCA, AML regulations)
• Fraud detection and prevention in Payments
Professional Skill Requirements
• Experience identifying a client’s high-level business needs and leading the creation of project deliverables (business requirements, functional specs, process flows, use cases, requirements traceability matrices etc)
• Experience leading teams and projects to drive successful outcomes
• Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to synthesize large amounts of information, provide clarity to complex issues, and develop and clearly communicate solutions
• Experience in a functional and/or technical lead role in a business or systems delivery environment
• Experience understanding business challenges and explaining how our offerings and services provide customer value
• Experience working through organizational change, with a solid track record of continuing responsibilities, creativity and innovation, including evidence of solution design
• Good interpersonal, team building, organizational and motivational skills
• An awareness of key delivery methodologies, approaches and market trends in the industry
• Self-starter with an ability to get up-to-speed in a short space of time
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad variety of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.
Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and build sustainable value for their stakeholders.
With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.