Job Title: Policies Oversight Senior Manager-Business Ethics
Level: 6 - Senior Manager
The Policies Oversight Senior Manager supports the Ethics Programs lead in the development, implementation, improvement and management of oversight of Accenture policies and related initiatives on a global basis. The Policies Oversight Senior Manager may also assist in the management of other Ethics Programs, such as compliance mailbox oversight and communications and awareness.
- Manage day-to-day oversight of Accenture policies, from initiation of requests for new policies or changes to existing policies from policy sponsors/organizations, through the review cycle to final leadership approval(s) and publication.
- Periodically review and revise standard policy template and drafting guidelines to ensure consistent format and a simplified, direct writing style.
- Work with policy sponsor organizations and Ethics Programs team members working on policies oversight to assist with policy drafting and editing (in accordance with standard templates and guidelines) to drive improved policy quality and consistency.
- Drive improvements and efficiencies to the policies oversight process, e.g., through process improvements, technology solutions and improved communications with key stakeholders.
- Drive ongoing review of the global policy on policies in collaboration with Ethics Programs lead and key stakeholders.
- Work with Ethics Programs team and Marketing & Communications to drive awareness of policies generally, the policies site and making it easier for employees to locate policies essential to their work activities.
- Assist policy sponsor organizations on communications plans for driving employee awareness of new policies or changes to existing policies.
- Coordinate with Ethics Programs team any changes to the Accenture Code of Business Ethics resulting from policy changes.
- Coordinate with other key stakeholders to carry through policy changes to other impacted resources, materials and programs.
- Drive design, improvement and management of policies tools in collaboration with CIO teams (e.g., Accenture Policies Site), including improved publication, standardization and search functionality.
- Identify opportunities to continue to improve the policies site, leveraging advances in technology.
Other Policy Initiatives
- In coordination with policy sponsor organizations, define what should be in policies and what should not; define where non-policy material should reside (along with corresponding oversight) and drive simpler, shorter policies with broader employee applicability and improved comprehensibility.
- In coordination with policy sponsor organizations, identify opportunities to combine and simplify overlapping, redundant or related policies.
- Provide focused, strategic, practical advice and solutions to Ethics Programs lead and other legal and business colleagues in connection with policies oversight.
- Drive day-to-day policies oversight team operations.
- Lead regular meetings with key stakeholders involved in policies oversight.
- Develop presentations and other briefing materials, as needed, for legal and business leadership.
- Provide oversight of Ethics programs and LGSC team members providing policies oversight support; monitor workload, identify opportunities for expanded scope and support team members’ growth and career development.
- Provide additional support, and assume additional responsibilities, as may be directed by the Ethics Programs lead.
Reports to: Ethics Programs lead
Relationships: Other member of the Ethics Programs team; other members of the global Legal Ethics & Compliance team; leadership in key policy sponsor organizations such as HR and Finance; policy reviewer and approver leadership; Marketing & Communications; CIO; outside counsel and other subject matter experts, as needed