Job Location: Dublin
Regional Description: Ireland
Job Number: 00603240 00603240_en-GB
Technology Architect - The Dock
The Dock is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, where designers, doctors, visionaries and makers are doing things that matter for people, places and robots. Located in the heart of the Dublin Docklands in a connected, state-of-the-art workspace designed for creativity, collaboration and fun.
We are looking for a Technology Architect to join and help lead our growing team. Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, with a remit to build the future in real-time. The working environment is open and interactive, facilitating collaboration with colleagues, clients, customers and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture, combined with a disruptive brief empowers us to break future ground.
Are you ready to join top innovators making a global impact?
What you’ll be doing
You will be part of the management group of a large innovation-focussed Software Engineering team that helps The Dock innovate, design, create and deliver next generation solutions across a range of innovative projects. We are looking for a Technology Architect who will be able to guide projects down the right technical paths, looking after not only the technical architecture choices but the impact of those choices on the overall solution approach and vice versa.
We need someone who can help us grow our junior architects, developers and data scientists, helping them understand how the decisions they make that can impact the architecture of a solution. We want someone who is not afraid to reach beyond the bounds of a role to do what’s right for both our people and our projects in a very dynamic environment. We need someone who can create ideas, and help carry them through to implementation, ensuring that they are scalable, fit for purpose and aligned with our clients’ needs.
As a Technology Architect you will:
· Be a leader within the Architectural Domain of Software Engineering within The Dock, responsible for providing technical direction and technology selection, growing our people, providing guidance, coaching and motivation to improve
· Collaborate with team members from multiple disciplines, including Designers, Data Scientists and Software Engineers to help identify key areas for innovation, define and refine the challenge statement and propose solution hypotheses
· Bring your passion for improving the world through technology innovation to our team and demonstrate the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment.
· Take responsibility for designing and crafting technical solution hypotheses and the architectures that will underpin the solutions
· Help with aligning potential solutions with problem requirements, from ideation right through to implementation, planning for large-scale adoption.
· Be unafraid to find the issues but be unremittingly positive in coming up with creative solutions for difficult challenges
· Identify and interact with stakeholders to make sure their needs are being met
· Identify, mitigate and manage risks associated with the projects and programmes you work on
· Understand and plan for evolutionary paths and ensure the end to end solution is correct for downstream deployment, scaling and operation
· Provide expert advice regarding application and technical aspects of product development and integration
· Have a people orientated approach to work particularly when engaging with co-workers. Be a team player as well as a leader, with a keen interest on developing those around you.
· Work across multiple project areas ensuring a high level of quality and consistency
· As needed, support the project lead in any re-planning effort during delivery
· Be technically excellent, and have the skills to present to senior client executives and external audiences, facilitate working sessions and partner with client teams to craft pioneering engagements
Your skills and qualifications
· Minimum 2:1 Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
· At least 5 years’ experience as a Technology Architect designing and implementing large scale software development deliveries to various industries
· Experience in development and design techniques and working in areas of emerging technology (AI, Analytics, IoT, Blockchain, Immersive Realities) and driving new points of view and capabilities
· Proven expertise in creating solutions and accurately estimating project effort and costs (particularly for agile deliveries)
· Expertise in applying technology to solve business problems and in articulating technical concepts and analysis to non-technical business leaders
· Experience with agile development (SCRUM, Kanban, etc) and within an agile project team
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 420,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The Dock at Accenture is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, as an accelerator for Accenture and our clients to unlock value. Launched in Sept 2015, the global innovation centre brings together top talent under three disciplines; designers, developers and domain experts with expertise in AI, IoT, digital marketing, cyber security, advanced analytics and tech development.
A flexible approach; We understand that traditional models may not work for everyone, so we offer flexible working arrangements which include tailored options for how you work.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.