Senior Technology Architect - The Dock
The Dock is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, where designers, doctors, visionaries and makers are doing things that matter for people, places and robots. Located in the heart of the Dublin Docklands in a connected, state-of-the-art workspace designed for creativity, collaboration and fun.
We are looking for a Senior Technology Architect to join and help lead our growing team. Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, with a remit to build the future in real-time. The working environment is open and interactive, facilitating collaboration with colleagues, clients, customers and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture, combined with a disruptive brief empowers us to break future ground.
Are you ready to join top innovators making a global impact?
What you’ll be doing?
You will be part of the core leadership group of a large innovation-focussed Software Engineering team that helps The Dock innovate, design, create and deliver next generation solutions across a range of innovative projects.
We are looking for a Senior Technology Architect who will be a leader within our organisation with proven experience in shaping and defining innovative technology solutions, inspiring and leading our people and solving challenging problems across multiple industries. We need someone who can create ideas, and help carry them through to implementation, ensuring that they are scalable, fit for purpose and aligned with our clients’ needs.
As a Senior Technology Architect, you will:
• Be a leader within the Software Engineering area of The Dock, responsible for inspiring and growing our people providing guidance, coaching and motivation to improve
• Collaborate with team members from multiple disciplines, including Designers, Data Scientists and Software Engineers to help identify key areas for innovation, define and refine the challenge statement and propose solution hypotheses
• Bring your passion for improving the world through technology innovation to our team and demonstrate the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment.
• Take responsibility for designing and crafting technical solution hypotheses and the architectures that will underpin these
• Help with aligning potential solutions with problem requirements, from ideation right through to implementation, planning for large-scale adoption.
• Be unafraid to find the issues but be unremittingly positive in coming up with creative solutions for difficult challenges
• Identify and interact with stakeholders to make sure their needs are being met
• Identify, mitigate and manage risks associated with the projects and programmes you work on
• Understand and plan for evolutionary paths and ensure the end to end solution is correct for downstream deployment, scaling and operation
• Provide expert advice regarding application and technical aspects of product development and integration
• Have a people orientated approach to work particularly when engaging with co-workers. Be a team player as well as a leader, with a keen interest on developing those around you.
• Work across multiple project areas ensuring a high level of quality and consistency
• As needed, support the project lead in any re-planning effort during delivery
• Be technically excellent, and have the skills to present to senior client executives and external audiences, facilitate working sessions and partner with client teams to craft pioneering engagements