JOB DESCRIPTION: Strategic Designer (Manager Level)
Accenture Interactive Design is growing a phenomenal team of designers, strategists, brand architects and product developers around the globe. Locally the strategic design team (formerly 2nd Road) is looking for strategic and creative thinkers, passionate about creating visionary futures with Executives and Boards, and bringing new ideas to the world.
What interests us
We identify new territories and are constantly asking ‘where next?’. We design things that change the way people experience and operate organisations.
What we do
- Purpose, vision and growth strategy
- Experience and ecosystem design
- Innovation portfolios, new business ventures and customer value propositions
We work on big questions. We reimagine rather than optimize. We use human-centred design with a creative toolkit not just an analytical one. We don’t work in one industry but across all of them, on corporate and on social challenges. Sound like you?
We are successful because of our talented team and their insatiable curiosity. If you are hungry, entrepreneurial and believe in a more innovative future we want to hear from you. You could have a background in design, strategy, ventures, or are just ready to turn your sharp mind to bigger questions.
A Manager draws on their innovation and strategy experience to drive project design and delivery for clients facing disruption. They bring expertise to build intent, conduct internal and external research, ideate, and prototype potential solutions and services for businesses. They partner with Design Consultants to develop the visual and textual outputs and work products necessary to deliver value. They are comfortable relating to product leads, and C-Suite clients where their insight, precision and reliability instill a sense of confidence. They ensure client expectations are managed through great communication and relationship management skills. They are the custodian of the project keeping an eye on delivery quality, whilst also ensuring project profitability through management of administration details including scheduling, project reporting, and day-to-day project management of the team.
Alongside their project work, a Manager will be expected to participate in proposal development and pitching. Finally, they are an active member of our community, continually contributing to the further development of the practice with a keen interest in the areas of strategy and innovation.
What will you be doing and with whom?
- Thought partner to the director / senior manager
- Input into the design of programs of work for new client engagements
- Manage project profitability and internal reporting
- Design and delivery of ethnographic research activities including synthesis and insight discovery
- Design and delivery of ideation workshops
- Ensure high standards are maintained in all its client interactions and deliverables
- Create and maintain good admin practices for your teams
- Assist in business development with new and existing clients
- Begin to build long-term, executive-level client relationships
- Coaching and development of the team
- Being an exemplar of the 2nd Road culture
Topics of Familiarity
As a Manager, you will be familiar with and have a point of view on:
- Organisational strategy: How organisations create vision and develop the strategies they need to help them achieve that vision.
- Innovation: How organisations create new market facing or internal propositions or services to solve for unmet needs
- Transformation: How organisations manage the re-design of their systems, structures, processes, and people in order to achieve new strategic outcomes.
What knowledge and capabilities will you draw on?
You will be well-suited for this position if you have:
- experience in management consulting, helping clients solve complex problems
- working knowledge of strategic frameworks and methodologies
- good understanding of busines models, value propositions and operating models
- strong research and design skills
- strong visual thinking skills, including aptitude for representing ideas through conceptual drawings or illustrations
- basic understanding of busines models, value propositions and operating models
- strong outcomes focus, with a capability to pivot project design and delivery to ensure client needs are met
- strategic thinking skills, including aptitude to spot significance in ambiguous and complex situations
- strength in project management skills with ability to manage quality and profitability
- excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
- an understanding of iterative prototyping and constructive critique as an essential part of the design process
As a Manager, and more importantly, as a member of the 2nd Road community, it is essential that you be:
- Keenly collaborative, eager to work with a multi-disciplinary team of consultants across a broad range of wicked problems.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, ready to muck about in the fuzzy front-end of a project to find the essence of the situation and frame or re-frame it as necessary.
- Tenaciously curious, always wanting to find out more about what is going on, or simply following your intuition to further explore that which superficially seems unconnected.
- Excellent at holistic thinking, always relating the detail back to the whole system and spotting significance.
- Agile with synthesis, able to bring together divergent pieces to create new understanding and meaning.
- Empathetic, capable of putting yourself in both the shoes of the user as well as the shoes of our clients to understand what motivates them and what their meaning of ‘good’ is.
- Deliberately optimistic, holding the core belief that regardless of the situation, it can be better and we have the authority and agency to make it so
What qualifications and experiences will be relevant?
You will be well-suited for this position if you have:
- an undergraduate degree related to business, strategy or innovation
- 4 years + consulting experience
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 514,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
At Accenture, our philosophy is anchored in recognising that our people are multi-dimensional. We take an intersectional human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the company. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse to that end we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect infomation that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs.
Learn how Accenture protects your personal data and know your rights in relation to your personal data. Read more about our Privacy Statement.
Ellie Doran is the Recruiter managing this role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a fair and timely process.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.