By creating an Innovation and Integration Partnership (IIP) with Accenture, WMP was able to share accountability, risk and outcomes while enhancing flexibility and knowledge right from the start.
The importance of combining a people-first approach with new digital ways of working cannot be underestimated. WMP is seeing improvements that are both financial and non-financial — efficiencies through streamlined processes, increased productivity, and better access to information for officers.
Body-worn videos and secure storage database
Data from 1,500 body-worn videos can be accessed remotely.
- Reduces harm and complaints against officers.
- Increases transparency and trust.
- Secures better evidence, enables cases to progress more quickly.
Over 3,000 officers in response, Force Support and neighborhood policing have access to a secure, scalable mobile platform.
Officers can easily and quickly share data, access and update on the go.
Real-time intelligence center
A new 24/7 team pushes out real-time intelligence to response officers.
- Up to date timely, relevant and accurate information available 24/7.
- Reduced need to use the Airwave radio, improves efficiency and reduces cost.
- Frees up police time and saves costs, increased efficiency.
Predict future outcomes, patterns and trends to deliver preventative policing.
- Data-driven insights enhance intelligence and maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Combats crime, reduces harm and identifies vulnerabilities.
- Provides a single source of the truth to engender public and colleague trust.
- Reduces the risk of operational errors and improves the quality of decision making.
- Supports preventative interventions, identifies risk and better directs scarce resources.
Digital experience for citizens
Non-emergency calls moved to a more cost effective, easy-to-use website with option to engage via webchat.
- Improved customer experience, with the ability to report crimes and track the progress of the investigation online.
- Ability to model different crime and victim scenarios through a “what if…” modelling tool.
- Ability to create a Witness Statement and upload digital evidence.
- Better support for citizens/victims.