Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge. We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognised worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
We are recognized as a global market leader in climate change and ESG services working with clients to reach their sustainability objectives through the application of digital transformation and emerging technologies. Our dedicated team brings deep experience integrating sustainability into strategy, operating models, processes and technologies to deliver sustainable growth.
As a team:
Accenture’s Net Zero Carbon Industry Transitions helps our clients navigate the energy transition through innovation-led, business model transformation. We use data-driven tools, frameworks and insights to enable organizations to deliver lasting value and impact. We harness the power of technology to amplify human ingenuity in seeking solutions that deliver across the entire enterprise and ESG Agenda. Our rapidly growing practice is looking for motivated individuals passionate about understanding how sustainability impacts organizations, their leadership teams, their operations and overall performance to enable a more resilient future.
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant diverse environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you.
In this role you will:
- Lead engagements to help clients:
- Develop their purpose-driven strategy,
- Align to company culture to enhance effectiveness and employee engagement,
- Re-imagine operating models to drive a sustainability strategy,
- Drive business performance through strengthening inclusion, diversity, and belonging
- Reskill and upskill talent to build a future-ready workforce with sustainability embedded at its core
- Deliver on engagements focused on Sustainability strategy, aligning board member and c suite expectations, ESG performance, creating board reporting and analytics, dashboards and benchmarking.
- Leverage your core consulting skills to understand and structure the clients’ challenges; develop hypotheses on solutions; undertake market and trends assessments and develop business cases to unlock value and enhance sustainability outcomes
- Use your deep industry knowledge, corporate governance and sustainability expertise to advise clients on their sustainability transformation
- Build client relationships and develop your pipeline of work through opportunity, proposal, and commercial phase
- Lead high performing multidisciplinary teams, leading by example, actively mentoring others and contributing to performance management and recruitment activities
- Support knowledge building efforts such as developing offerings, assets, capabilities, and relevant thought leadership, insights and engage with the wider Sustainability community across Accenture globally
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with energy, renewables, and/or UN sustainable development goals
- Proven experience with qualitative analysis, research, and business case development
- Relationship building at all levels, including with board members and c-suite executives
- Executive presence, clear and concise oral and written communication skills
- Leadership of diverse teams in complex and ambiguous strategy engagements
- Staff development and mentoring
- Comfort leading presentations and facilitating workshops with large audiences
- Ability to analyse complex issues and summarize into clear data points
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Civil or Mechanical engineering or related field.
- Master’s Degree preferred
Set yourself apart:
- Experience working on sustainability engagements in one or more industries which are leading the sustainability transformation including: energy, natural resources, utilities; and/or renewables.
- Understand the nuances of renewable and conservations practices and the way they related to the operations.
- Ability to deliver on topics including sustainable growth and portfolio strategy; ESG impact assessment and business model diagnostics; Future operating model and sustainability leadership; purpose-led strategies, working with board members
- Strong understanding of the sustainability landscape to guide clients on how to prioritise business opportunities
- Extensive experience at a top tier strategy or boutique governance or sustainability consulting firm
- Experience of using digital technologies to solving clients’ complex business and sustainability problems
- Confidence to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner and to constructively challenge team members and leadership to ensure the right client outcomes and value are delivered
- Experience in writing corporate governance or sustainability focused insights for board members or c suite executives
- Energy: Petroleum, Nuclear, Coal, Natural Gas
- Renewables: Solar (PV, CSP power gen), Wind (On & Offshore), Hydro, Geothermal
- Biomass (Municipal solid, Biofuels, Nature-based solutions , Biodiversity / Conservation, Biochar / Pyrolysis , Soil carbon capture)
- Infrastructure: Battery, Microgrids, Demand-Side Response, Heat Pumps
- Markets: Commodity / Energy Trading (CTRM / ETRM), Carbon Credits / Offsets
- Capture : CCS / CCUS / BECCS (e.g., Direct Air Capture)
- EV Mobility: Hydrogen Fuel Cells, Synthetic Fuels, Municipal Planning
- Green Building
- Energy Resilience
- Experience in Utilities and/or Energy
What’s in it for you
As part of the wider Accenture team, you’ll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways.
In addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Financial Market Infrastructure Tech Innovation Associate Director
Posted 6 days ago
Metaverse Strategy (Senior) Manager
Posted 15 days ago
Tech Sustainability Innovation - Senior Manager
Posted more than 1 month ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.