Serving as a trusted security partner for more than 20 years to more than 330 clients across ~70 countries, Accenture’s security practice helps organizations build resilience from the inside out so they can operate and grow confidently in a rapidly evolving threat landscape. Our 5000 security professionals bring exceptional industry expertise to tailor intelligent security services to our clients’ unique businesses and industries. We provide a full spectrum of services – from security strategy development, to business transformation to managed security services – on demand and at a global scale. Accenture’s unique ability to combine deep Security expertise across Strategy, Technology and Operations means that it can offer clients an enterprise-wide security program to predict, protect, detect, and respond to threats in an industry specific context.
Our cybersecurity team offer services that enable mission resilience by offering deep cyber expertise, advanced analytics, continuous monitoring, and secure cloud services. Working closely with our clients, we design, build and implement information security strategies and solutions that can help enhance business performance. As part of Accenture’s Managed Security Services we manage, maintain and enhance global cybersecurity operations’ capabilities to detect, proactively hunt for and respond to advanced cyberattacks. Specific offerings include security monitoring; threat intelligence; managed detection & response (MDR); security tools & infrastructure management; Next gen SOC; Managed, Detection & Response; and vulnerability management.
The responsibilities of this role include researching and reporting on developments in the threat landscape, building network and endpoint detections, and coordinating internal teams to best defend our customers. This includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Researching, understanding, and developing responses to cyber threats
- Writing, editing, and publishing technical reports
- Developing and deploying network and endpoint detections to support a Security Operations Center analysis team
- Performing data analysis to optimize SOC procedures
- Prioritize and remediate internal maintenance requests to ensure a well-run global analytics platform
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of major detection enhancements to SOC analytics
- Coordinating analysis teams to best educate on and respond to developments in the Threat Landscape
- Developing policies and procedures for handling security incidents
- 2+ years of IT security experience – ideally focused on intrusion detection/network security monitoring and/or working with cyber threat intelligence
- A strong understanding of the information security threat landscape, including detailed technical knowledge about the most prevalent threat groups, malware, attack methods, and vulnerabilities
- Experience researching security threats and developing detection mechanisms to defend against them
- Hands-on experience with market-leading security products, including intrusion detection systems (Snort/SourceFire, IBM Proventia/ISS, McAfee IntruShield) and firewalls (CheckPoint, Cisco PIX)
- A solid foundation in computer networking fundamentals, including a detailed understanding of TCP/IP and other core Internet protocols.
- Experience working with clients, preferably in an operational environment.
- One or more of the following certifications is desired: CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GCFA.
- The ability to express themselves clearly and demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience researching complex technical subject matter, and clearly documenting the results/key findings for others to review.
- Technically inquisitive nature with a fearless approach to defending against the latest and greatest cyber threats
- Superior technical writing ability
- Proficient in English language reading, writing, and speaking
- Candidate required to support core working hours from 09:00 to 18:00
- Occasional weekend on-call support required
- Occasional remote work permitted
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.