Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centres. Our 506,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Provides functional subject matter expertise, project management, leadership and service delivery support for the execution of post-merger integration of Accenture's mergers, ventures and acquisitions transactions globally. Accountable for the success, effectiveness and on-time delivery of functional activities related to due diligence, solution planning and integration for primary stakeholders and sponsoring organization of acquisition (OG/GP/ Geographies).
The V&A HR Deal Execution Manager will be assigned to various V&A projects and will be accountable for the success, effectiveness, and on-time delivery of assigned HR due diligence and integration work stream activities.
Due Diligence Phase: (includes solution development)
- Define and manage due diligence data validation approach and processes
- Oversee and drive assigned HR due diligence activities, including:
- Identify, track, manage and resolve all issues
- Plan the work effort
- Manage work efforts of team members and/or implement work plan directly
- Build relationships to establish credibility with the target company and internal and external SMEs
- Estimate costs for both pre-contract and post-contract due diligence
- Analyze and distill data into a cohesive point of view around the findings
- Coordinate across all key stakeholder groups, in particular heavy interaction is expected with Finance and Legal as well as Corporate Development professionals
- Identify risk mitigation strategies and actively communicate findings to Accenture executives
- Identify HR-related opportunities for discussion with the deal team
- Provide recommendations to the contracting and negotiation teams on contract language and structure as it relates to HR matters
- Develop preliminary solution plan for key human resource decisions, including but not limited to compensation, benefits, perquisites, retirement/pension plans, payroll and salary grade structure, incentives (short-term, long-term, sales force-specific, deferred), staffing approach, culture, HR compliance and policies.
- Plan, oversee and drive assigned HR integration planning and execution activities for each V&A transaction
- Plan for the HR process impacts involving (Accenture) non-standard approaches, working directly with the SAP and global HR process owners.
- Create and manage to an employee / HR transition work plan and budget, including leveraging and overseeing direct or indirect team members who are responsible for executing certain tasks
- Develop and implement “to do by signing” and “to do by close” HR task lists including consultation and communications, agreement to a set of terms and conditions, set-up and preparation of systems including SAP and payroll and initial inductions.
- Coordinate with the HR due diligence team to resolve new issues as they arise.
- Document HR activities that must be addressed during ongoing operations.
- Support ongoing HR operations to ensure all issues arising from and/or delayed during transition are appropriately addressed.
- 6+ years related HR and/or V&A experience, including experience conducting and leading due diligence activities, employee mobilization/enablement activities and managing global projects/programs
- 2+ years of demonstrated leadership experience
- Total Rewards Experience (Compensation, Equity, Benefits, etc.)
- Strong Excel (large data, formulas, pivots, etc. – synthesize, extract, multiple versions)
- Analytics/Analytical Skills
- Relationship Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus in Human Resources Management or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Strong project management, leadership/facilitation of all levels of people inside and outside of your organization
- Effective working with tight deadlines, imperfect information, and ambiguity Ability to collaborate while standing your ground when warranted
- On-boarding experience (orientation, benefits, payroll, SAP, etc.)
- Risk identification, analysis and management as well as solution development or escalation
- Good understanding of HR systems (SAP, Payroll, Recruiting/Staffing, etc.) and downstream impacts
- Employee Communications
- Strong executive presence and effective communicator
- Strong grasp of employment law and employee relations (US and Canada)
- Due diligence experience (inquisitive, thorough, questioning, know red flags and when to raise/escalate)
- Ability to synthesize and presenting HR diligence findings and recommendations to HR leadership, the broader deal team
- Deep knowledge of Accenture HR Policies
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing Work plans and budgets
- Process Documentation (due diligence, transition, handover documents etc.)
- Content management (i.e. SharePoint, myTransition, converting large excel data to high level PPT slide, DD data into summary format, etc.)
- Experience identifying lessons learned and process improvements to support continuous improvement
- Financial exposure
- Travel will be required: 25% - 50% (depending upon Deal and phase)
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment (adjust on the go, meet last minute deadlines, schedule flexibility)
- Ability to successfully/effectively work independently with little to no direction
- Ability to effectively work virtually
- Ability to build relationship while working remotely
You will also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.